Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jobo Jr Gimbal head experience

i had been struggling with a perceived lack of sharpness of my tamron 200-500/5.6 when using the jobo jr gimbal head, and finally over the weekend got to the bottom of it.

i was wondering if anyone had also experienced the following.

i found that the camera plus lens when mounted on the L Bracket that there was a very high vibration of the whole assembly. the camera is mounted on a 4 inch acro-swiss adaptor plate to balance it at the vertical pivot. balancing the lens on the pivot or not made no difference.

i then removed the L Bracket and mounted the acro swiss mount directly to the vertical pivot bearing. the improvement in stability was amazing.

i was surprised how much vibration the L Bracket introduced

06-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That's interesting - I wonder why? Good thing you got to the root of the problem.

Happy shooting
06-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
That's interesting - I wonder why? Good thing you got to the root of the problem.

Happy shooting
it seems that 5+ kilos on a 35mm x 10mm thick x 150 mm long cast aluminum piece is not sufficiently stiff it makes me wonder about the acra swiss 4 inch lens plate too, i will experiment with a 1 x 2 piece of white oak