Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

PQ1 Memory Card

I just purchased a K20D with kit lenses and it came with a PQ1 8GB memory card. I'm having a lot of problems with the card. I take a few photos and then start getting error messages. The most common is about the image not being stored. I looked in the trouble shooting section of the Owners Manual and it says it's a memory card error. Anyone else had this problem?? Maybe it's operator error

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

09-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Buy a brand name SD card...
09-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I would trust the Camera over a no-name memory card. Get a decent high-speed Sandisk and never worry about it again. They're so cheap now, only a fraction of the price of a new camera and lens.
09-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #4

As others have already suggested... Try a different SD card. I had big problems with PQI 4GB SDHC card, which resulted in lost shots (it even happened, that the shots were present on card, but after a day or two misteriously dissapeared). Eventually I returned it to the shop and exchanged it for a Lexar card.

Regards,
Bostjan

09-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have both Transcent and Sandisk class 6 8 GB SDHC cards and never had any problem with either, so I agree - buy good brand cards!
09-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I live in a little town, so selection is very limited and I was antsy to get a different card. I got a Lexar 1G to make sure it was a card malfunction. Everything seems to be working well now.
10-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently tried a pqi 2gb card in an all day shooting and had no issues.
I did not fill the card but the camera battery did deplete while using the card, which is one warning of any memory card and no files were lost or not recorded.
The cards boast a lifetime warranty, which in reality may mean very little but the cases for the cards are a bit large for such a small item.
I just got three "hi speed 60" 2gb cards simply to test their quality.
A black camera getting hot under the sun. Sometimes the camera would be a little warm to press to my cheek. About a half a dozen instances of multiple frame bursts. I probably only filled the card to half of it's capacity but on it's first use, I had no issues at all and find no reason for the cards to be suspect.

10-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have had two of the 2gb PQ1 cards for nine months now and they perform well. I have since got a couple Kingston Ultimates which seem faster then the PQ1's

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by My3Rs Quote
I just purchased a K20D with kit lenses and it came with a PQ1 8GB memory card. I'm having a lot of problems with the card. I take a few photos and then start getting error messages. The most common is about the image not being stored. I looked in the trouble shooting section of the Owners Manual and it says it's a memory card error. Anyone else had this problem?? Maybe it's operator error

Any advice would be great! Thanks.