Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #1

Pentax Remote and photo utility

Hi everyone

I have a Pentax Ist DL and i don't have my pentax cd any more.

Where can i find the software? Is it something i can buy?

Also my second question is that, i read about using a microphone / mini cord as a remote for shooting, mainly night sky shooting. Is there any remote that would allow me to shoot normally? i.e. as if i am pushing the shutter button on the camera instead of a shutter release mode where the shutter remain open as long as i have the wire inside the microphone contacting each other?

Thanks

09-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I could use a copy too, I haven't the foggiest idea where my CD went and I never had use for it in Linux. I'd like to try the Pentax software in a virtual windows machine but can't install the 3.5.1 update since it requires having version 2.x installed.

It wouldn't be hard for Pentax to put that up on a mirror somewhere, but until then, anyone know of a url? If not, someone want to post the software/cd image via something like - Sharebee.com? (PM me and PK5, I won't tell if you don't )
09-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamonation Quote
Yeah, I could use a copy too, I haven't the foggiest idea where my CD went and I never had use for it in Linux.

You might be interested in PK-remote

QuoteQuote:
Software for tethered shooting using Pentax DSLRs, providing the functions from Pentax Remote Assistant to Linux users.

Tarball here

Thank you
Russell
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
You might be interested in PK-remote

Tarball here

Thank you
Russell
Is there anything like PK-remote for the k200d. I was disappointed that there was no similar software for this model?

09-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Forum Member

On this page you can retrieve the software for your camera

Select your camera model et voila

Pentax Canada - Digital Camera Support
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by lequynorm Quote
On this page you can retrieve the software for your camera

Select your camera model et voila

Pentax Canada - Digital Camera Support
Thanks. Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, there is no PK-Remote or Remote Assistant type software for the k200d. Am I overlooking something?
09-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
Forum Member

I think that k200d can not be use in remote assistant

for the second part You can use the Cable Switch CS-205 or the Remote Control F

10-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #8

You should be able to download whatever software you need from the Pentax site.

Regarding your remote issue, also check the Pentax site and see what remote works with your camera. I have a *istDL and k20d, and the wireless remote control "e" works with both of them - just bought a second one for $6 off of ebay last week!

Tim!
10-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Forum Member

Yes he can download the software, but the remote assistant software do not work in with the K200D