Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The Cactus V6II communicates with the camera in order to turn on its AF-assist light whenever the camera would have turned on the AF-assist light of a flash.

If you are electronically inclined, you might be able to use the voltage the V6II sends to its own AF-assist LED to control your angel eye. For the purpose of firing the angel eye whenever you take a picture, you could piggy-back on the sync-port of the V6II.
Damn, i saw the price, it gets far away from a DIY in my mind
BTW, i ordered some fans for my computer, and these have led rings, so surely i'm putting these in white and the dedicated rings that are now intalled will pass to the camera

07-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
Damn, i saw the price, it gets far away from a DIY in my mind...
You'd still have to do a lot yourself, hence DIY.

Seriously, I don't think you'll ever manage to pull this off without purchasing some gadget. You'd have to hack the digital P-TTL protocol and that would surely require some costly equipment. Perhaps another cheaper trigger would do the trick, but I don't know of any.