Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #1

Recommendations for KP camera body suit/half body case?

I am not looking for a full case. What I am looking is something like this: Mr.Stone Handmade Genuine Leather Camera case For Fujifilm X100F X100 F Camera Bag Half Cover Vintage Case-in Camera/Video Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group , only with flap on top (lens part open, and the strap holders accessible). Basically, because I mostly carry camera in my handbag, I want something that would cover screen and viewfinder, but would not take much additional space, which is the case with usual bags. It can be non-leather one, material itself isn't important so much (maybe not knit lace, but you get the idea).

Maybe somebody saw anything like that, universal or semi-universal? Buttons or any other parts do not have to be uncovered, I want it mostly for additional coverage while in bag (I hope I don't have to list everything what you can find in ladies bags...)

06-18-2018, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Frequent in and out of a case can cause brassing on camera metal surfaces. I wrap my cameras with a microfiber cloth before placing in my cases. This has worked well for me, for as long as microfiber cloths have been available. Really helps to keep the cameras clean, IMHO. YMMV.
06-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Frequent in and out of a case can cause brassing on camera metal surfaces. I wrap my cameras with a microfiber cloth before placing in my cases. This has worked well for me, for as long as microfiber cloths have been available. Really helps to keep the cameras clean, IMHO. YMMV.
Well, I do not take it out for photos very frequently, I am very much hobbyist and sometimes go months without taking a photo, but I try to keep camera in bag and thus it gets more scratching just being there.

Also, as I said, it could be not leather/hard case, there are various soft neoprene cases for laptops, would not mind one for camera as well. Just not sure if I know correct term for search, if such cases/covers are made.
06-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Pentax supplied a velvet bag with the LX for that very purpose

.:

06-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pentax supplied a velvet bag with the LX for that very purpose

.:
I am jealous now

I found something similar to what I wanted in lenscoat page (bodybags), but: the models that allow straps are without lens hole, and the ones that have lens hole, are without camera straps holes. So still looking for recommendations....

In worst case I will take the model without lens hole and use with XS 40mm F2.8 lens. But I would prefer not to.
06-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I put my cameras and lenses in zip loc bags (clear plastic) when I carry them in my Flipside 400 AW to deter abrasion.
06-18-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Evie Quote
I am jealous now

I found something similar to what I wanted in lenscoat page (bodybags), but: the models that allow straps are without lens hole, and the ones that have lens hole, are without camera straps holes. So still looking for recommendations....

In worst case I will take the model without lens hole and use with XS 40mm F2.8 lens. But I would prefer not to.
The LX maroon velvet bags are usually available on eBay for a reasonable price.

06-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also want to find leather case - for KP
06-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I am not looking for a full case. What I am looking is something like this: Mr.Stone Handmade Genuine Leather Camera case For Fujifilm X100F X100 F Camera Bag Half Cover Vintage Case-in Camera/Video Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group , only with flap on top (lens part open, and the strap holders accessible). Basically, because I mostly carry camera in my handbag, I want something that would cover screen and viewfinder, but would not take much additional space, which is the case with usual bags. It can be non-leather one, material itself isn't important so much (maybe not knit lace, but you get the idea).

Maybe somebody saw anything like that, universal or semi-universal? Buttons or any other parts do not have to be uncovered, I want it mostly for additional coverage while in bag (I hope I don't have to list everything what you can find in ladies bags...)
sounds like what you want is something like the old two-piece leather covers that were very common back in the 70s, but have gone out of style these days:

amazon.com : MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Fujifilm X30 12 MP Digital Camera (Dark Brown) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I haven't seen anything like that for any current Pentax, but they may be out there. They're rarely universal.

Alternatively, maybe something like this:

https://megagearshop.com/en-us/mgp612
06-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Crown Royal bag?
06-23-2018, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #11
Forum Member

I Use an Op/tech neoprene cover when taking my camera in my work bag. It's not the prettiest solution but it works very well. There's no lens hole but it's very quick to pop the cover off (basically just turn it inside out) and you can tether the cover to the tripod socket or strap so you don't have to waste time putting it away when shooting quickly.
06-29-2018, 05:53 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found this site is very well covered with Pentax leather cases, and also leather bags....There is also little circle case with strap for spare battery

I don't know, why I missed it till now.. ... maybe they have a poor SEO

But if this thing is produced for K1, then maybe manufacter can do also for the KP,
because I can not see anything like that for KP yet, except one bag, which could be a bag for any camera, not specifically for KP

New Luxury Leather Camera Case For Pentax K1 (24 70 Lens) PU Leather Camera Bag Cover With Battery Opening + strap-in Camera/Video Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited by panonski; 06-29-2018 at 05:59 AM.
07-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I always used the case for my MX but for some reason, maybe the greater bulk, I have not liked them on digital. Even with the Q I usually keep it off.
07-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I use Domke wraps to protect my camera when put in a bag with other stuff. Here's a video on its use
I use a 19" for my KP with DA* 16-50 lens. I seldom use a real camera bag, preferring to avoid advertising that I'm carrying expensive camera gear.
07-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am not looking for a full case. What I am looking is something like this: Mr.Stone Handmade Genuine Leather Camera case For Fujifilm X100F X100 F Camera Bag Half Cover Vintage Case-in Camera/Video Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group , only with flap on top (lens part open, and the strap holders accessible).
The product Suzhouren refers to is the OP/TECH USA "Soft PouchTM - Digital D-Series" (and "SLR and Rangefinder" series). It comes in several sizes. Camera and Accessory Pouches | OP/TECH USA As Suzhouren mentioned, it does cover the lens like those old stay-on cases from the 1960s and '70s. The "Soft Pouch - Body Cover" is designed for the DSLR body only, so it's flat in front. You could cut a hole in it for the lens to protrude. The also make a "Soft Wrap", but that requires a bit more fiddling when unpacking the camera or stowing it. It's a neoprene square that is held closed with velcro after wrapping the camera. I have found OP/TECH USA's gear to be durable.

Last edited by pete-tarmigan; 07-03-2018 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Additional info.