Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-17-2018, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
ACON Triggers up for sale again

I saw this in 2 posts regarding the Acon R930 triggers ( I have a set, they work nice) and thought I would post is in the mains section as its own thread so its easy to search and find if anyone is interested.

Also, I took the time to "translate" their English manual into something that I could understand, it has also helped some others with the triggers as well. I am happy to send it to anyone who would like a copy if would help them decide between these and something else.

this is their new website.

acon-tech - wonderful photography

07-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, that's good news if they're legitimately going again.

Especially since one firmware is supposedly capable of operating Nikon and Nikon compatible flashes and strobes.

Are you not able to post a translation or rewriting of the guide here? Somebody else did similar in the past, Rawr, maybe ...
07-18-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So you buy the R930 kit at 120$ and you can get full PTTL remotely? That's interesting as the K-1 does not have a built-in flash and no one does a compact wireless PTTL master flash anywhere. Cactus does this kind of triggers also but they're 100$ each, pretty steep just to get W-PTTL.
07-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
So you buy the R930 kit at 120$ and you can get full PTTL remotely? That's interesting as the K-1 does not have a built-in flash and no one does a compact wireless PTTL master flash anywhere. Cactus does this kind of triggers also but they're 100$ each, pretty steep just to get W-PTTL.
Correct.

I have both the Acons and Cactus V6 II.

They both work.

The Acon is small so that's what I pack.

07-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I could probably upload it to google and share a link. here so long as the admins allowed it. or if there is a way to upload to this site can some one tell me?

---------- Post added 07-18-18 at 06:45 AM ----------

Link to the manual I created in my google drive. You can view it, not sure if you can down load it though. Perhaps at least be able to print it anyway.

let me know if you need any help or have questions.

R930 Flash Trigger User Manual (1).pdf - Google Drive
07-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

That's fantastic, William, thanks!

I just use mine as a P-TTL cable, I can see it's capable of so much more.

07-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Another question before I get too excited. This trigger works with other brands, like Metz, as long as they're PTTL, right?

07-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Another question before I get too excited. This trigger works with other brands, like Metz, as long as they're PTTL, right?
The Metz-52 is given as an example. The link to the complete list of compatible flashes is broken.
07-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yep, any flash that has p-ttl capabilities. However, if the flash doesn't have high speed sync the high speed sync of the trigger won't work either.
07-20-2018, 05:08 AM   #10
Pentaxian

OK then, I'll count my pennies and make the purchase!
07-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Be careful on the Acon website. Their domain is acon-tech.com, but some links incorrectly point to acon-photo.com. The latter domain seems to be a cybersquatter.