Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Sure, that's what this thread is for:
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com

Image Transmitter 2 controls the camera via cable, but it seems this isn't enough for the pentaxians in this thread?

Indeed.
Four SDKS to be released - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
I actually forgot about this program, I'll admit the poor reviews and price put me off, but perhaps it's time to take a look at this again. It looks as though at some point down the line I will be doing school photography, this program + suitable computer to boot could be useful for that, perhaps a better Live View and review of shot experience? I have bought an HDMI cable and have tried hooking that up to a monitor, but the issue there is that it just enlarges the resolution of the LCD screen on the back, so it's not really all that helpful, I wonder how this program fairs in comparison (specific to this)?
Has PF done an indepth review of it? I can see it has undergone quite a few updates and one reviewer on B&H said that the recent changes prompted him to buy it (and he likes it).

Man it's pricey tho... do K-1 owners not get a discount on the software

EDIT: Found this review so I'll get stuck into that, it's 2016 tho, I wonder if any updates have occurred and not been mentioned or amended in this review seeing as it's a couple of years old?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-image-transmitter-2/introduction.html

08-05-2018, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I actually forgot about this program, I'll admit the poor reviews and price put me off, but perhaps it's time to take a look at this again.
I wonder how this program fairs in comparison (specific to this)?
Man it's pricey tho... do K-1 owners not get a discount on the software
EDIT: Found this review so I'll get stuck into that, it's 2016 tho, I wonder if any updates have occurred and not been mentioned or amended in this review seeing as it's a couple of years old?
I would recomment this to you
I'd test it myself, so good image quality on 24" screens.
If you're with an IT background, it's possible to install the update without existing installation...
This review does point out everything important, no big changes since then.
08-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Image Transmitter 2 controls the camera via cable, but it seems this isn't enough for the pentaxians in this thread?
Too expensive, it would seem. But feature-wise it's the best there is.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-05-2018, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I wonder if any updates have occurred
The untested additions are listed on this page:

Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Review - Features and Performance | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Nothing major, just more settings that can now be controlled via the software. I would say fine AF adjustments w/ magnification in LV would be among the bigger ones.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I would recomment this to you
I'd test it myself, so good image quality on 24" screens.
If you're with an IT background, it's possible to install the update without existing installation...
This review does point out everything important, no big changes since then.
It's not even possible to trial this software? Seems so expensive considering many photoediting software comes with 14 day free trials etc?
08-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #21
Pentaxian

It's not even possible to trial this software? Seems so expensive considering many photoediting software comes with 14 day free trials etc?
It's your choice if you uninstall it after you'd manage to install the update without previous install. So yes, technically it's possible.