Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2018, 03:21 AM   #1

Anybody ever used Raynox DCR 5320?

I've looked at the DCR 250 but the 5320 looks more professional ( or it's just me thinking bigger is better). Also is a ring flash compulsory for macro? Any comments are appreciated. TIA

08-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I owned a DCR53207for a while but sold it because I just did not find it useful. That is not a knowledgeable critique but just my experience. Someone who knew what they wanted might find it more useful. I have used the dC250 more often. A ring flash is not necessary for macro. Many macro enthusiasts rig up their own lighting fixtures.
08-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I owned a DCR53207for a while but sold it because I just did not find it useful. That is not a knowledgeable critique but just my experience. Someone who knew what they wanted might find it more useful. I have used the dC250 more often. A ring flash is not necessary for macro. Many macro enthusiasts rig up their own lighting fixtures.
Thanks Mike.
08-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
...... Also is a ring flash compulsory for macro? ......
No. My favoured macro lighting (if needed) is a Lume Cube mounted on an el-cheapo Chinese ballhead. I mount the latter on the camera hot-shoe, or often just hold it with a couple of spare fingers. It has a 10-step adjustable brightness and it's a continuous light source which is a boon for focus and shadow assessments.

08-01-2018, 05:49 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
No. My favoured macro lighting (if needed) is a Lume Cube mounted on an el-cheapo Chinese ballhead. I mount the latter on the camera hot-shoe, or often just hold it with a couple of spare fingers. It has a 10-step adjustable brightness and it's a continuous light source which is a boon for focus and shadow assessments.
Like your avatar. I will look into that, I've also seen styrofoam blocks with a light imbedded in it.
11-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #6
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
Like your avatar. I will look into that, I've also seen styrofoam blocks with a light imbedded in it.
Hey G,
You can get an LED ring light that has multiple different sized mounts for any macro like my cheapo that I bought on the Bay from Neewer. I have not tried my Raynox 150 to see if it will stay clamped to the inside of the LED light ring. The 150 turns any lens with a filter mount in the correct range into a macro. My M-200 and DA*50-135 work very well with it and MFD is almost non-existent with both lenses. I wonder what happens if I put it on my FA 50 2.8 Macro or my DFA 100 Macro? I think I would not be able to hold it still enough without a tripod.
11-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Hey G,
You can get an LED ring light that has multiple different sized mounts for any macro like my cheapo that I bought on the Bay from Neewer. I have not tried my Raynox 150 to see if it will stay clamped to the inside of the LED light ring. The 150 turns any lens with a filter mount in the correct range into a macro. My M-200 and DA*50-135 work very well with it and MFD is almost non-existent with both lenses. I wonder what happens if I put it on my FA 50 2.8 Macro or my DFA 100 Macro? I think I would not be able to hold it still enough without a tripod.
Chromo Macro LED Ring Light Ring 48 | eBay
I got this one to test.
5320 is pretty big and it affects the autofocus on my dfa 100mm.