Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

which 1 hv higher prior?

need u advice from u all pentaxian.. which do u think hv higher prior btween flash af 360FGZ n telephoto lense??

thax to all

09-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by iwhizz Quote
need u advice from u all pentaxian.. which do u think hv higher prior btween flash af 360FGZ n telephoto lense??

thax to all
If you are talking about which should you buy first then it really depends on what kind of photography you are doing.
If you are new to photography you might want to get the Flash as it will take longer to learn to use it. New lenses just take getting used to.
09-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I hate those "internet style" posting. It's almost impossible for people who aren't born with "english brains" to decipher. How would you like it if all my posting were in French? What about Gooshin posting in
Russian?

Guys, we are not all born in English family, so, try to put yourself in our shoes, please.
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
I hate those "internet style" posting. It's almost impossible for people who aren't born with "english brains" to decipher. How would you like it if all my posting were in French? What about Gooshin posting in
Russian?

Guys, we are not all born in English family, so, try to put yourself in our shoes, please.
Are you kidding me? I've spoken (only) English my whole life and can barely understand that. It has nothing to do with the style, it's just poor English.

To the OP, no offense meant. Your English is what it is; I'm not criticizing you for it. Unless of course English is your first language.

09-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I apologize to the original poster. I hadn't checked where you are located, so I understand why your English is not "mainstream". It's just that lately, I've seen a few posting with "internet style spelling" that drive me nut.
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Russian?
hayyo.. my original post hv being abused wit non-related replies.. rili need ur advice bros n sis..

QuoteQuote:
If you are talking about which should you buy first then it really depends on what kind of photography you are doing.
If you are new to photography you might want to get the Flash as it will take longer to learn to use it. New lenses just take getting used to.
\

using Dslr for almost 1 year now, hv never experience ysing external flash before, but fyi, i rili like doing wedding photography, does AF360fgz is rili suit me..?
09-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

hayyo.. my original post hv being abused wit non-related replies.. rili need ur advice bros n sis..
Yes it is, and that is because posting shortened messages on a forum is generally considered rude. Had your original post read like this:
QuoteQuote:
Need you advice from you all pentaxian... which do you think have higher priority between flash af 360FGZ and telephoto lense??
You would have got a much better response. Nobody really minds poor grammar or spelling. What people are objecting to is lazy typing.

Now I'll answer your actual question (even though it makes my eyes bleed):

using Dslr for almost 1 year now, hv never experience ysing external flash before, but fyi, i rili like doing wedding photography, does AF360fgz is rili suit me..?
If you want to take photos indoors, or in poor light then a flash is a BIG help.
Since you haven't mentioned what you already have, I'm assuming you have a Pentax camera, and the 18-55 kit lens. As other posters have mentioned, flashes require a lot of learning to get the best out of, so it's good to start early.

Personally, my first purchase was a 50-200mm lens, and THEN an AF360 flash. In retrospect, that was a mistake - I use the flash much much more than the telephoto lens, and I should have bought the flash first. But that is just my personal shooting preferences.

So in light of the fact you specifically mention wedding photography, I would advise getting the flash first.

09-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Damn Brit

I have the 360 but I have only just started using it, a lot of the people on the forum like Metz flash guns.

There are websites with information about how to use flash. Strobist.com is one of them.

Most would say a flash is necessary for weddings.

What Lenses do you have?
09-19-2008, 04:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Most would say a flash is necessary for weddings.
With the AF360 not having swivel, some type of flash bracket is probably be needed for portrait orientation. I think most wedding photographers would use a flash bracket anyway, but the OP sounds like a maverick, a loner, a rebel, someone Dottie just wouldn't get.

Thank you
Russell
09-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Im with Russel on this.