Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K10D spare battery

Ordered a spare battery for my K10D the other day. This is as close to the Pentax D-LI50 specs as I could find. The EDMNOO2K, replacement for NP-400, is 7.4 volts at 1600mah versus 1620mah for the D-LI50. Works perfectly on the K10D including continuous shooting mode. It only cost me $30 cdn with shipping and handling, not bad versus $99 cdn in local camera stores. It is supplied by "www.espow.com" but I purchased via "www.electronic-accessory.ca" web site.

If you are looking for a spare, it might be a cheap way to go.

02-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These work really well also.
Impact DL150 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery (7.4v, 1700mAh)
02-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Agree but by the time I cover the exchange the custom brokerage fee and shipping cost, I am looking.

Battery = $19us
Shipping = $10us
Exchange = $19us + $10us * 1.15 = $34
Tax = 7% * $34cdn = $36cdn
UPS Brokerage = as much as $39cdn

Total cost as much as $75cdn

All above are average.

As you see, I am way up on cost. It is cheaper via UPS ground and brokerage average around $12us-$15us but could also take weeks more to receive, usually due to custom delay. Also most of these items the warranty only apply in the US. I wish I could order from the US without paying and arm and a leg in fee, B&H has way more selections. Some stuff the saving is worth it but not for small items.
Thanks for point out the availability of this battery to K10D users.
02-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Denis Quote
It only cost me $30 cdn with shipping and handling, not bad versus $99 cdn in local camera stores. It is supplied by "www.espow.com" but I purchased via "www.electronic-accessory.ca" web site.

Thanks Denis! Great to have Canadian content on here, I was looking for a spare battery source!

02-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Denis Quote
Ordered a spare battery for my K10D the other day. This is as close to the Pentax D-LI50 specs as I could find. The EDMNOO2K, replacement for NP-400, is 7.4 volts at 1600mah versus 1620mah for the D-LI50. Works perfectly on the K10D including continuous shooting mode. It only cost me $30 cdn with shipping and handling, not bad versus $99 cdn in local camera stores. It is supplied by "www.espow.com" but I purchased via "www.electronic-accessory.ca" web site.

Denis - I've heard / read / seen of a number of people who had trouble using the NP-400 in their K10D due to the reduced mah. For some reason, some K10Ds will work with the lower mah batteries, and others refuse to. Not sure why that is. I know here in the states you can now get 3rd party LI-50s that have the higher mah. I'm using a Promaster one as my second battery, and is working great!
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gorfmai Quote
Denis - I've heard / read / seen of a number of people who had trouble using the NP-400 in their K10D due to the reduced mah. For some reason, some K10Ds will work with the lower mah batteries, and others refuse to. Not sure why that is. I know here in the states you can now get 3rd party LI-50s that have the higher mah. I'm using a Promaster one as my second battery, and is working great!
It is always better to find the same or above specs. This ensure the system will operate. I could have bought a lower mah but kept on searching for a better match. What is the mah rating of the Promaster?
03-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
If you buy the Impact battery instead of the Pentax D-LI50, can you still use the charger that comes with the K10D to charge the Impact? Or do you have to buy an Impact charger? The specs for the Impact look like they're slightly higher than those for the Pentax battery and I'm not sure how this affects recharging - or IF it affects recharging....

Will

03-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
If you buy the Impact battery instead of the Pentax D-LI50, can you still use the charger that comes with the K10D to charge the Impact? Or do you have to buy an Impact charger? The specs for the Impact look like they're slightly higher than those for the Pentax battery and I'm not sure how this affects recharging - or IF it affects recharging....

Will
you can use the pentax charger, no ill effects.

it's kind of like using a 2500 MaH AA and 2100 MaH AA's on the same charger

it has the same voltage.
03-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
you can use the pentax charger, no ill effects.

it's kind of like using a 2500 MaH AA and 2100 MaH AA's on the same charger

it has the same voltage.
Thanks. I pay attention to the numbers, but I don't understand very well the meaning of the other terms, mAh in particular.

Will
03-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Thanks. I pay attention to the numbers, but I don't understand very well the meaning of the other terms, mAh in particular.

Will
milliamp per hour how much power it can store in basic terms