Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K mount adapter question

I'm really interested in purchasing the K mount adapter for M42 lenses for my K100d. The question is since Pentax seems to be changing their lens mount type to "KAF3" as seen on the new 17-70, is there any indication that Pentax will soon update the K-mount on the body to something else and render the adapter useless for future bodies? If this is just baseless speculation (since I'm still in the dark on this mount thing, therefore the interest in purchasing), please advise me =)

If there's any advise on how best to use the manual lenses on my K100d, that would be nice too

09-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no sign that Pentax is abandoning the K mount.
Lenses labelled K are manual focus and manual aperture.
KA are manual focus but automatic aperture.
KAF auto focus and auto aperture.
Kaf2 and Kaf3 are refinements on autofocus.
There is lots of information on using manual lenses on K100D in this forum - use the search tab at the top of the page.
09-20-2008, 01:18 AM   #3
freemem

Here is some more information on K mount, i was wondering about these myself and found this quite useful:
Pentax K mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
09-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #4

As garth said, there are no indications of abandoning K-mount. Especially with new lenses anonunced.
Also, all changes on K-mount are only on contacts on the mount, not on the thread itself, so you don't have to worry about that

09-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice, I'll take the plunge and read more on using the manual lenses =)