Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2018, 02:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Lowepro Photo Sport BP 200 AW II ?

Hi,

Does anyone have this backpack? I would like a few opinions. I'd like to use it for one-day hikes. I had the 1st version of this backpack. A disadvantage was that the hip belt and shoulder straps were too soft to take up the weight properly. How are shoulder straps and hip belt to version 2 of this backpack? I would prefer them to be more rigid.

10-19-2018, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

i do not own that particular backpack. I have a Lowepro Fastpack BP 250 AW II that I like quite a lot. I never take it on very long hikes and I never load it down, I just take the basics to do what I need and the backpack has always felt fine to me. I have been a long time fan of Lowepro. I hope someone can answer your question better than I.

10-19-2018, 04:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Why not look at this in-depth review I wrote?

Lowepro Photo Sport BP 200 AW II Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

It's a very good bag, a few nice and innovative ideas, a few odd choices. Good comfort, not stellar. Better than average product certainly, however not my first choice. It depends on your needs and intended uses, of course. I cannot compare with version 1, I can say the straps are ok given the size of the bag. The access system is vastly different than on version 1 that's for sure.

In my growing experience, the best 1-day hiking camera backpacks are made by Mindshift Gear. Have a look at their rotation180 system, which is available on many bags. If you want a review to better understand the system, look here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/lowepro-photo-sport-bp-200-aw-ii/introduction.html

Ask away if you have more questions.