Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Manfrotto monopod

I want to get a stabilizer foot for it because of my Essential Tremors makes my hands shake making it hard to hold the monopod steady, but I like the weight of the monopod compared to the extra heavy weight of my Manfrotto tripod. I found this Benro foot at B&H and wondered if you guys/gals thought it might fit my monopod. Monopod is out in the Jeep so I can't tell you the model number right now, as it's 1 am here.

Benro 3-Leg Locking Base For Monopods VT2 B&H Photo Video

Here's my tripod, it's the one I bought on Amazon in 2014.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VEJYEO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by photolady95; 11-01-2018 at 11:00 PM.
11-02-2018, 02:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I want to get a stabilizer foot for it because of my Essential Tremors makes my hands shake making it hard to hold the monopod steady, but I like the weight of the monopod compared to the extra heavy weight of my Manfrotto tripod. I found this Benro foot at B&H and wondered if you guys/gals thought it might fit my monopod. Monopod is out in the Jeep so I can't tell you the model number right now, as it's 1 am here.

Benro 3-Leg Locking Base For Monopods VT2 B&H Photo Video

Here's my tripod, it's the one I bought on Amazon in 2014.

amazon.com : Manfrotto MMC3-01 Compact 5 Section Aluminum Monopod for Cameras (Black) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Another option is the Vanguard VEO 2 AM-264TR. Vanguard VEO 2 AM-264TR Aluminum Monopod VEO 2 AM-264TR B&H

I have the original 264TR and have been using it for years. Outstanding piece of kit.
11-02-2018, 02:59 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's nice but I don't need another monopod when I already have the Manfrotto.

And that's is more money than I wanted to pay, the foot is only $35.
11-02-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The only way to know is to check the specs and see what thread size your monopod has for its tip attachment.

11-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
I was thinking about that after I found the monopod where I'd ordered it in my orders on Amazon. It's not round on the end, it's more like rectangular. But I'll check once it gets daylight here and I can see better.

And the specs don't say what thread size or anything about tip attachments.

Thanks.
11-02-2018, 03:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I was thinking about that after I found the monopod where I'd ordered it in my orders on Amazon. It's not round on the end, it's more like rectangular. But I'll check once it gets daylight here and I can see better.

Thanks.
Sometimes you can find them buried at the company's website if you dig. Otherwise its experimentation with the parts and potential return of the foot.
11-02-2018, 05:26 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OBSERVATION: With a small ball head mounted, that would be a decent ground-level mini-pod.

11-02-2018, 06:24 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This manfrotto accessory has a 1/4 x 20 threaded connector. You can read which models work with it here: Manfrotto XPRO Fluid Base MVMXPROBASEUS B&H Photo Video

Looking at it this thread size isn't the same as the one you identified. Your best bet will be to look on b&h or other stores to see if any info exists on your existing monopod and what if any threading it has on the foot.
11-02-2018, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

You may also try calling B&H, giving them your monopod model number and see if they know what will fit. They are pretty good at helping like that.
11-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Roadboat24 Quote
You may also try calling B&H, giving them your monopod model number and see if they know what will fit. They are pretty good at helping like that.
And if one does you can check the specs to see if it shares the thread size with what you found.
11-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The only way to know is to check the specs and see what thread size your monopod has for its tip attachment.
And, the specs for the base you mention say: "Fits Monopods with 3/8"-16 Threaded Foot"

If you have a handy Home Depot (or other hardware store), you can take your monopod to their nuts & bolts area and try various thread sizes to see what fits. It will almost certainly be either 3/8-16 or 1/4-20.
11-02-2018, 08:07 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might want to check Home Depot or your local hardware store. My Manfrotto has a simple crutch tip for the foot and you might be able to find one that will fit your monopod if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, the comment to check with B&H is spot on. They are quite helpful and would be sure to have it.
11-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
You might want to check Home Depot or your local hardware store. My Manfrotto has a simple crutch tip for the foot and you might be able to find one that will fit your monopod if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, the comment to check with B&H is spot on. They are quite helpful and would be sure to have it.
Mine is like Bob's. It has a simple crutch tip on the end for the foot. It's not round like most monopods are, it's rectangular.

I was thinking I could make something using some items, and a few other items put together to make a stand, that would make it steadier.

My mono isn't a xpro, it's a MMC.
11-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks.
FWIW my relatively old Manfrotto monopod has a 1/4x20 thread at the tip.
11-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #15
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PhotoLady; a member decided to PM us about what you are looking for, rather than posting here. I was looking for a foot for my monopod, but decided against getting one, and have been very happy with the monopod without a foot. So I really can't offer any assistance in your search.