Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 334
Will a Godox TT350 Mini Thinklite ttl speedlite work on older Pentax cameras?

Does anyone know if a Godox TT350P Mini Thinklite TTL Flash Speedlite Compatible Pentax Cameras 645Z K-3II K-1 KP K-50 K-S2 K70 would also work with older Pentaxes such as a Pentax K20D or K200D? These pttl flashes are REALLY economically priced, and I would like to get one for my K20D (or K200D).

11-09-2018, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #2
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,144
Although the Godox website (GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD TT350P) only lists the 7 cameras you refer to, I can confirm that it works fine on my K-3, as well as my K-S2.

I received mine yesterday and I've been testing it today. I've tried both manual and TTL modes, with and without HSS, and it's all good. Yet to try it off-camera (I got the XProP as well), but I'm already delighted with it. The ability to do HSS not only in PTTL mode but also in manual mode is a bonus - even my Metz 58 AF1 can't do that.

Godox also lists only the same 7 cameras as being compatible with the XProP, but PF members have tested the XProP with a range of Pentax DSLRs apart from those 7 listed and it has worked with every model tested so far, including the K10D and K20D: Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

It looks like Godox have only confirmed compatibility of the TT350P and XProP with the 7 cameras listed because they are the only ones they have tested themselves.

I hope someone else can give a definitive answer to your question, but it would be surprising if the TT350P didn't work on the K20D or K200D.

Incidentally, if you do decide to get the TT350P, consider getting the XProP at the same time - it's cheap in a bundle with the flash, and promises to be a good combination for off-camera use.

I'm really hoping that Godox will release a version of their higher-powered models that also does on-camera PTTL - I could see a PTTL version of the TT685 it replacing my Metz. They did the same kind of roll-out over a period of time for Sony and Fuji so there's a good chance they will do the same for Pentax.

Last edited by Des; 11-09-2018 at 01:36 PM.
11-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kyustendil, Bulgaria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23
Do you know if the XProP will work with Pentax flashes?
11-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,144
QuoteOriginally posted by lanselot Quote
Do you know if the XProP will work with Pentax flashes?
It's not designed to control any strobes other than Godox (http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Remote_Control_XproP_TTL_Wireless_Flash_Trigger.html). But that is enough to cause plenty of excitement!
Godox X-Pro P - PentaxForums.com
Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax - PentaxForums.com

11-10-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 334
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Although the Godox website (GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD TT350P) only lists the 7 cameras you refer to, I can confirm that it works fine on my K-3, as well as my K-S2.

I received mine yesterday and I've been testing it today. I've tried both manual and TTL modes, with and without HSS, and it's all good. Yet to try it off-camera (I got the XProP as well), but I'm already delighted with it. The ability to do HSS not only in PTTL mode but also in manual mode is a bonus - even my Metz 58 AF1 can't do that.

Godox also lists only the same 7 cameras as being compatible with the XProP, but PF members have tested the XProP with a range of Pentax DSLRs apart from those 7 listed and it has worked with every model tested so far, including the K10D and K20D: Xpro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Pentax - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

It looks like Godox have only confirmed compatibility of the TT350P and XProP with the 7 cameras listed because they are the only ones they have tested themselves.

I hope someone else can give a definitive answer to your question, but it would be surprising if the TT350P didn't work on the K20D or K200D.

Incidentally, if you do decide to get the TT350P, consider getting the XProP at the same time - it's cheap in a bundle with the flash, and promises to be a good combination for off-camera use.

I'm really hoping that Godox will release a version of their higher-powered models that also does on-camera PTTL - I could see a PTTL version of the TT685 it replacing my Metz. They did the same kind of roll-out over a period of time for Sony and Fuji so there's a good chance they will do the same for Pentax.
Thanks so much for your quick reply. Looks like I will have to give this one a try. A good pTTL flash adds new life to these old cameras. Thanks again!
11-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #6
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,144
QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
Thanks so much for your quick reply. Looks like I will have to give this one a try. A good pTTL flash adds new life to these old cameras. Thanks again!
Good luck with it. Be sure to let everyone know how you got on.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
godox tt350 mini, k200d, k20d, mini thinklite ttl, pentax, speedlite, thinklite, thinklite ttl speedlite, tripod, tt350 mini thinklite, ttl
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K1, Godox AD200, Godox XPRO and Cactus V6 II: HSS Setting Instructions howieb101 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 28 10-24-2018 02:23 PM
Godox XProC on Pentax: tests with my K3II, V6 II and other Godox equipment morenjavi Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 13 06-15-2018 03:57 AM
HSS: Godox XT32N, Godox Ving 850 Mk I Flash and Cactus V6ii - Setup instructions howieb101 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 10 03-03-2018 03:15 AM
Pentax HSS with Cactus V6ii and Godox Witstro AD360 Flash Light Speedlite fwbigd Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 89 04-23-2017 07:37 PM
Godox V850 Li-ion Camera Speedlite Flash + FT-16S Wireless Trigger Set with K-3 II zzz11 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 3 03-19-2016 05:19 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top