Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you maybe you the missed main part of the original question, which was, "if I'm not using a tracking mount, what's an easy and consistent way to adjust the pointing between photos". He didn't like the gimbal...a high-quality non-geared ballhead might be OK, but for what he's asking, the long, slow-motion controls on the Twilight would actually be even better. I don't think Jeff was suggesting to the OP that he use the Twilight as a tracking mount, but that it offers relatively precise adjustment for a non-motorized solution.

12-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
I think you maybe you the missed main part of the original question, which was, "if I'm not using a tracking mount, what's an easy and consistent way to adjust the pointing between photos". He didn't like the gimbal...a high-quality non-geared ballhead might be OK, but for what he's asking, the long, slow-motion controls on the Twilight would actually be even better. I don't think Jeff was suggesting to the OP that he use the Twilight as a tracking mount, but that it offers relatively precise adjustment for a non-motorized solution.
To all + SteveinSLC: yes- you understood my message and suggestion! Thanks! Just FYI; the Vixen Porta2 with saddle & slo-mo controls will support 20 pounds of gear. You are right; this is not a tracker mount. I Understood the OP already has a good solution for tracking. The K3ii astrotracer adds some extra flexibility for short time exposures. I doubt I will exhaust the possibilities anytime soon! :-)