Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
In my experience birders prefer 10x42 binocs. Just finished 2 1/2 weeks birding in Costa Rica and 10 days in Galapagos. Wife carries Nikon Monarch 5? 10x42. Lighter than my Celestron Granite 10x42 ED which are well priced, rugged and rubberised. Normally she carries the binocs and I have the long lens on my K5. Both binocs originally imported from B&H. We have a Pentax spotting scope but doesn't get carted around as much as it should.Our guide in CR did cart a spotting scope. Results of using mobile phone and spotting scope are spectacular but that's for another day.
I suggest checking out the Celestron Granite ED 10x42. Heavier than the Monarchs but thats the ED lenses.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
binocular, binoculars, celestron, da*300/4, dx, move, nature, pentax, price, prism, quality, sp, subject, tripod, viewfinder, wildlife, wildlife photography, wp