Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For causal carry, I use a Lowepro Nova 2 bag. It's about 15 to 20 years old, looks a little faded but works great. I either carry it over my shoulder or across my chest if going some distance. I have regular backpack camera bag if I need to carry more stuff, but this bag is used about 95% of the time.

02-22-2019, 01:44 PM - 4 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PPK/S inside waist band.
02-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
PPK/S inside waist band.
that is a " horse of a different color " for sure

A horse of a different color - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
02-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
For street photography? GRII in my pocket. That is all.
Yep...

Unless you are actually photographing streets, e.g. urban landscape, the less gear and the smaller the visible kit, the more effective you will be.

Steve

02-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For a day out, a light Berghaus ruckie with the PLM and Fisheye in the water bottle pockets, padded seat for my ageing botty inside with a flask of coffee and sandwiches. Light tripod strapped to the outside if it’s somewhere I haven’t been before. Camera on B-grip UNO on the rucksack strap, camera strap around my neck. For the city, usually just the camera/20-40 over my shoulder and the Fisheye in a cargo pocket.
02-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GR I and II = 28 - 35 - 47 focal lengths. Stellar lens. Fits in your pocket. Been shooting with them since 2013. GRIII probably will be even better with 24mp sensor.
02-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have a couple of Thinktank Turnstlye sling bags just for going light. They fit over one shoulder and sling around for access. They are smaller sized, not made to carry tones of gear. I have my Turnstyle 20 packed right now with KP, 55-300 plm, Sigma 17-50, DA15, and F50. The smaller one, the Turnstyle 10 could probably accommodate your K3 and 40 and one other lens. I'm very happy with these bags and have worn them on the street, they fit right in.

02-22-2019, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
that is a " horse of a different color " for sure

A horse of a different color - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
I prefer "blue"
02-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #24
Pentaxian

My usual answer for street photography is a Ricoh GR. But, I think you're actually more interested in how to carry your K-3ii.

My smallest DSLR bag is a Lowepro Format 160. It can barely squeeze in my K-1, 15-30, and 28-105. It's a tight fit because the 15-30 is a big lens, but still offers enough room for spare batteries, lens cloth, etc. Your camera and lenses are smaller so maybe step down a size to the Format 140. Format 140 | Lowepro

I usually carry it diagonally with the strap on the left side of my neck and the bag on my right-front for walking. To reduce the risk of a pickpocket cutting or unfastening the strap, I also hold the top handle in crowded places. The bag is small enough to sit on my lap when I stop to eat.
02-22-2019, 03:55 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I prefer "blue"
" blue " or " blued "
02-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #26

Photos: Gallery
I like the Lowepro Toploader bags. There is usually room for the camera with a mounted lens and an extra small lens in the bottom. The larger Pro versions will fit the camera with a battery grip.
02-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
Wrist strap, camera, one lens and beat up old shoulder messenger bag without any names on it.
The messenger bag was a deliberate second hand purchase so as not to stand out. I did buy one of the foam camera bag inserts which is a perfect fit and gives the camera and lens good protection when travelling. With my KP and 40 Ltd I can also fit anything else for the day in the bag as well.
Very similar for me, though I cheated and bought a new "beat up" bag. It doesn't look like a camera bag, just a nondescript, well traveled shoulder bag.
Leather DSLR Camera Bag

I also ditched the insert, preferring to use a domke wrap for the camera and pouches for lenses. It's handy when traveling to stow a jacket, documents, tablet, etc. It easily fits under airline seats too.
02-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On the street I usually equipped with single camera (K-5II) and zoom lens (20-40 or 18-135). For that I use camcorder shoulder bag like this :
Sony LCS-U30 System Case, Large LCS-U30 B&H Photo Video
(probably not the large but medium model). Camera in the bag sits horizontally. Enough space to have hood attached to a lens. Instead of neck strap camera has hand strap. If place shows a lot of opportunities to shoot, camera is in my hand. Otherwise it is in the bag. Getting it out of bag just takes seconds.
02-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #29

Granted, my good stuff is about portraits.

When I travel I take only the kit lens. I’m living life not trying to find the perfect boku.

Kit lens I mean some kind of general overall good zoom lens.

One lens move like a Jaguar see as much as possible.
02-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep...

Unless you are actually photographing streets, e.g. urban landscape, the less gear and the smaller the visible kit, the more effective you will be.
Yup, I also vote for this. Much as I enjoy using my DSLR, if I know I'm just wandering the streets and stopping often for other stuff (like eating!) I will carry another camera. Used to do my EOS M with the small prime but these days I would just resort to my Q and the 01 prime I just got....can't justify the GRII yet...
There's no other way around it really. And another advantage, without a "serious" looking camera and separate bag, you'll be less of a target for thieves.