Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #1

Best Replacement Battery for K-S2?

I have a couple bad batteries i need to replace. Best US recommendations for where to buy? And is Pentax brand the best way to go, or is there another better option? Thank you!

02-22-2019, 09:24 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KierraElizabeth Quote
I have a couple bad batteries i need to replace. Best US recommendations for where to buy? And is Pentax brand the best way to go, or is there another better option? Thank you!
I've often bought third party batteries rather than the Pentax branded ones. I can't speak to a good USA source, I buy mine from Battery Canada. Actually, with the advantageous value the US dollar has at the moment, they might be a good source for American buyers. I've found that batteries from them are about a quarter the cost of Pentax batteries, have very nearly the same capacity and have almost the same life expectancy as well.
02-22-2019, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

If I were a pro on an important shoot or a machine-gunner I would suggest sticking to OEMs. Otherwise I can recommend Watsons.
02-24-2019, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

I have bought both original and third party. OEM are always reliable and Pentax one's aren't that expensive. Try buying a spare Fuji battery! Third party can be a lottery. Some are good, some are bad. Many have nice specs on paper but don't deliver. You'll have to get to know the brands.

02-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
I have bought both original and third party. OEM are always reliable and Pentax one's aren't that expensive. Try buying a spare Fuji battery! Third party can be a lottery. Some are good, some are bad. Many have nice specs on paper but don't deliver. You'll have to get to know the brands.
I have several third party batteries for my Fuji X-T2. I’ve not ever had a problem. They seem to give equally as bad number of shots per charge as the oem ones.
02-24-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
Pentaxian

My experience is Pentax original equipment batteries are very good.