Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2020, 03:50 AM   #31
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not a doctor or physical therapist, nor have I ever played on on stage or screen, large or small

those looking for back pack might have to look at things such as hip belts, sternum straps and load lifters

Backpack Sizing Guide | How Should My Backpack Fit | Gregory

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/backpack.html

when ever I buy a back pack I first look for features that makes the pack useful for carrying any type of load such as

(1) hip straps: The majority of a backpack's weight, 80 percent or more, should be supported by your hips.;

(2) Load Lifter Straps: These are stitched into the top of the shoulder straps, and they connect to the top of the pack frame. Ideally, they will form a 45 angle between your shoulder straps and the pack. Kept snug (but not too tight), they prevent the upper portion of a pack from pulling away from your body, which would cause the pack to sag on your lumbar region and

(3) Sternum Strap: This mid-chest strap allows you to connect your shoulder straps, which can boost your stability. It can be useful to do so when traveling on uneven cross-country terrain where an awkward move could cause your pack to shift abruptly and throw you off-balance.

then I look for special features for the expected use of the back pack: in this one, the interior has the loop and hook dividers so you can personalize the interior as you choose, multiple external attachment points and pockets, a " rain " cover and a separate padded section for a lap top or something else

I have several different back packs, here is the review for the largest one:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/ruggard-thunderhead-75-dslr-am...head-75-d.html

if possible find a good store selling high line back packs and try some out

then if you don't want to modify such packs for camera use

look at camera bags offering such options

check here:

Backpacks - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-17-2020 at 04:02 AM.