Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So the take away is that one stack of tube is about all I want to put my lens on as anymore will decrease DOF and light. Thank you all for your feedback, I'm gonna play with a set of tubes for a while and if things are working out then maybe I'll ask Santa for a macro lens.

10-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you buy your extension tubes, Aaron, make sure you at least have the aperture coupling lever, and preferably the electrical contacts as well. Although your lens will work with just plain tubes, there will be no connection between the lens and camera. In addition to the light lost from the extension tube, you will be metering, focusing and shooting stopped down. Either stopped down, or with a depth of field that can be measured in Nanometers.
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
When you buy your extension tubes, Aaron, make sure you at least have the aperture coupling lever, and preferably the electrical contacts as well. Although your lens will work with just plain tubes, there will be no connection between the lens and camera. In addition to the light lost from the extension tube, you will be metering, focusing and shooting stopped down. Either stopped down, or with a depth of field that can be measured in Nanometers.
A fix for that problem outlined above, they're called Takumars
10-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jamonation Quote
A fix for that problem outlined above, they're called Takumars
yeah, I should have said that your AF/A/K and M lenses would work just like Takumars. The downside is, of course, that if you are using Takumars, the stop down lever and the contacts will do precisely ... nothing at all.