Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2019, 05:27 AM   #1
Forum Member

Cable identification please

Can anyone tell me please what these cables might be used for? They are both a little over a foot long. One ends with a plastic three-pin plug that the second photo shows in close up. I bought a Pentax lens on ebay and the seller very kindly included a few freebie Pentax related bits and bobs.

TIA

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
K-1 Mark II  Photo 
03-22-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The one with the black end looks sort of like a C3 Shutter Trigger Cable. If you look at the product that is listed per the shortcut below, you will see something similar in feature.

edelkrone C3 Shutter Trigger Cable for Select Canon/Kodak 73502
03-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Second pic seems to show a type A cable for Canon for EOS models. First pic also shows a type C cable for Canon and Pentax (2 x 2,5 mm plugs). Booth remote control cables
03-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The other cable looks something like a shutter release cable also, being similar to what is listed by the shortcut below.

Cinetics CineMoco Shutter-Release Cable for Select Camera E3 B&H

03-23-2019, 01:04 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your answers. I had thought they would be Pentax related but I see now they are not. I will ask my Canon user friends if they can use them.
03-23-2019, 01:51 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thepedant Quote
Thanks for your answers. I had thought they would be Pentax related but I see now they are not. I will ask my Canon user friends if they can use them.
The cable with two 2,5 mm contacts can be used with Pentax
03-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
Unregistered User

that one with the three-pin female terminator is for certain Canon models' shutter release, I think. The trrrs male terminators are generally used for headphones with a microphone built-in.

03-23-2019, 07:57 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thepedant Quote
Like someone else said the one cable may be used with Pentax. Some Canon cable are Pentax compatible.
03-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Like someone else said the one cable may be used with Pentax. Some Canon cable are Pentax-compatible.
As are some cable remote releases - in fact, some 3rd party cable releases can be used for both brands and I have several like that.