Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2019, 05:02 AM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After Allen asked this question and thought he might find something in a cane accessories, I did a search this morning and found this that I thought might work: If the tip of your monopod doesn't fit in the 1 inch or less hole, it comes with tape to make it fit.

SandPad | Gammie Homecare

I've already PM'd Allen with the website so he can check it out too, and he suggested I contact CSA/Carol as she was interested also, which I have also done this morning.

08-13-2019, 08:59 AM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
sorry folks, I got distracted with other activities and failed to follow through

[ little vacation to Tanzania, going to see and photograph the Cubs vs. Rockies and other things came up ]

thank you photolady95 for working on the issue
08-13-2019, 07:56 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You re welcome, Allen. The search and findings helped myself as well.
08-29-2019, 10:22 PM   #19
Forum Member

I found a cain bottom that I put on my Manfrotto 679 monopod. It has three points of contact and cost $20. It seems to make the pod more stable, but you will still want to hold on to it so the camera doesn't fall.
Rick

08-30-2019, 01:05 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick in Ohio Quote
I found a cain bottom that I put on my Manfrotto 679 monopod. It has three points of contact and cost $20. It seems to make the pod more stable, but you will still want to hold on to it so the camera doesn't fall.
Rick
A link to where you found it, would help.
09-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another thought: a tripod.

I recently returned from visiting Yellowstone and Grand Teton and used a light tripod as a walking stick, mono-pod, bi-pod, narrow tripod and full tripod. I simply used a piece of Velcro to hold the three legs together at the bottom for use as a mono-pod/walking stick. A quick flip of the Velcro and the legs could be maneuvered as needed. It needs to be the type of tripod that allows the legs to be gathered together while extended, not the type that folds the legs upward for storage.

It was very handy and might fill your needs.
09-04-2019, 12:48 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
Another thought: a tripod.

I recently returned from visiting Yellowstone and Grand Teton and used a light tripod as a walking stick, mono-pod, bi-pod, narrow tripod and full tripod. I simply used a piece of Velcro to hold the three legs together at the bottom for use as a mono-pod/walking stick. A quick flip of the Velcro and the legs could be maneuvered as needed. It needs to be the type of tripod that allows the legs to be gathered together while extended, not the type that folds the legs upward for storage.

It was very handy and might fill your needs.
My tripodvwould be too heavy to do what you suggest. I'm looking for something to lighten the load.