Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yeah, that's great. That's why I've ordered the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII which has the same feature but a bigger screen. I don't need the on-camera/trigger hot-shoe of the X2T (which I also ordered before I knew that the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII will be available for Pentax after all).

The Cactus V6II can do that as well (-> "relay" feature). I think the V6II does it even better because the hand-held shutter-release transmitter can control the flash power. I'm not sure whether Godox triggers support that as well. Do you happen to know that?

Or are you referring to some entirely different feature?
Instead of having a separate trigger for the shutter and then another one for the flash, The X2T with a Shutter cable connected will fire the shutter and the X series flash simultaneously while keeping full remote control of the flash settings.

09-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So it is able to work as a Bluetooth radio release dongle? That is a nice feature. (Remembering that it is sync to the shutter that triggers the flash and not the other way around.)

Steve
Well, for a phone (depending on the model) it will work as a bluetooth connected device which allows you to have full control of groups, power, channels as well as the ability to your phone camera and fire the flash(es).
For using it as a remote shutter, you need a cable from the trigger to the camera, but the trigger will still wirelessly be connected to your Godox Flash so when you take a shot using the trigger as the shutter, the flash(es) will also fire.
09-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
For using it as a remote shutter, you need a cable from the trigger to the camera, but the trigger will still wirelessly be connected to your Godox Flash so when you take a shot using the trigger as the shutter, the flash(es) will also fire.
OK, that is what I thought. My YN560-TX II does basically the same thing, except that it requires a cheap TX/RX as a TX. Bluetooth would be nice, but then again, I think I only paid about $34 USD.

Steve