Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Godox XT2 announcement

Godox officially announces the X2T trigger - an upgraded X1T with built in Bluetooth - DIY Photography

Pentax support is stated.

05-21-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I'd be much more interested in Pentax support for the Flashpoint R2 PRO MkII trigger (which is a variant of the Godox XPro trigger).

The Godox XPro-P exists, but I find the Flashpoint MkII version with its additional buttons, better usability, and Bluetooth support much more appealing. It's available for every brand except for Pentax.
If you agree with me, please write to Adorama and ask for the Flashpoint R2 PRO MkII trigger for Pentax.
05-21-2019, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

It's great to see that Pentax is getting some needed support in the lighting department.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I'd be much more interested in Pentax support for the Flashpoint R2 PRO MkII trigger (which is a variant of the Godox XPro trigger).

The Godox XPro-P exists, but I find the Flashpoint MkII version with its additional buttons, better usability, and Bluetooth support much more appealing. It's available for every brand except for Pentax.
If you agree with me, please write to Adorama and ask for the Flashpoint R2 PRO MkII trigger for Pentax.
Thanks, just sent them an email. Do you know if any of the Flashpoint triggers will trigger the strobes? For example can I put a Flashpoint R2 for Canon on my Pentax and still trigger the strobes (though without TTL)?
05-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
Do you know if any of the Flashpoint triggers will trigger the strobes?
There is the Flashpoint R2 Pro (XPro-P) for Pentax which will trigger all Godox/Flashpoint strobes, supporting P-TTL and HSS for Pentax.

This is a good trigger but the "MkII" variant that Adorama offers exclusively is just a bit better.

QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
For example can I put a Flashpoint R2 for Canon on my Pentax and still trigger the strobes (though without TTL)?
That should work as long as you don't exceed the sync-speed of your camera. No TTL or HSS, of course, but manual remote power control would be supported.

BTW, the Flashpoint R2 Mark II TTL Transmitter for Pentax Cameras (X2T-P) triggers is available for pre-order.

P.S.: Many thanks for writing to Adorama!

05-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What is the difference between the X2T and the R2Mark II TTL ?
05-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
What is the difference between the X2T and the R2Mark II TTL ?
Just the branding.

Godox manufactures both. Adorama just resell the same hardware under their house brand "Flashpoint". It is a good idea to buy the Flashpoint variant to receice customer service.

Godox make very good equipment but are known for their very bad customer service.
05-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just the branding.

Godox manufactures both. Adorama just resell the same hardware under their house brand "Flashpoint". It is a good idea to buy the Flashpoint variant to receice customer service.

Godox make very good equipment but are known for their very bad customer service.
Thank you for clarifying. In Europe we only get the Godox brand.

08-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #8

Has anyone used X2T trigger for pentax on godox flash yet? Could you please give me some review?
09-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by minhsang Quote
Has anyone used X2T trigger for pentax on godox flash yet? Could you please give me some review?
I plan on getting one soon to go with my Godox TT350P. If nobody has posted at the time, I'll let you know my thoughts.
09-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by minhsang Quote
Has anyone used X2T trigger for pentax on godox flash yet?
I have one on order as well.
09-16-2019, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This trigger is a game changer!!!!!!
Tests I've done so far, Trigger and TT350P on various channels/groups, no glitches. I haven't tried TTL wirelessly yet but manually it's perfect.
I've also downloaded the Godox Android App which allows you to control the flash from your Smartphone and it works flawlessly!
The one thing I was shocked about is that you can actually take a picture using your phone (no camera, just the phone) and it will also fire the flash according to whatever power level you've set in the app.
Someone had asked me if you can use the Trigger as a Shutter release while simultaneously firing the flash so I tested that... IT WORKS!!! WIrelessly firing the TT350p while using the XT2 as a remote shutter release (with a cable of course) is a big deal to some. It allows you to have the camera at angles or locations that are too difficult without a remote AND you can still fire the flash from the trigger.
This is a very well thought out trigger and it opens up another world of what's possible. I'm really glad I grabbed this. As when I had the Shanny Flash and Cactus Transceivers, I'll be doing some videos about the XT2 as well.
Godox just got themselves another customer (as long as they keep up the innovative solutions and are reliable)!
09-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Not trying to dampen your excitement -- I know the feeling when one is happy about some equipment meeting or exceeding one's expectations -- but for the benefit for others familiar with similar triggers (like the XPro or the older X1T, or a Cactus V6II): There is nothing revolutionary about the X2T. It corrects a number of issues that the X1T had. It is very similar to an XPro or Cactus V6II, except that it adds Bluetooth that supports a very useful interaction with a phone app.

That latter part would indeed be worth pointing out as news, were it not the case that the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII has been offering the same feature since quite a while now. The Godox A1 has also been available for a while now.

Again, not here to spoil anyone's party, just trying to explain that I don't see where the X2T changes the game.
09-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not trying to dampen your excitement -- I know the feeling when one is happy about some equipment meeting or exceeding one's expectations -- but for the benefit for others familiar with similar triggers (like the XPro or the older X1T, or a Cactus V6II): There is nothing revolutionary about the X2T. It corrects a number of issues that the X1T had. It is very similar to an XPro or Cactus V6II, except that it adds Bluetooth that supports a very useful interaction with a phone app.

That latter part would indeed be worth pointing out as news, were it not the case that the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII has been offering the same feature since quite a while now. The Godox A1 has also been available for a while now.

Again, not here to spoil anyone's party, just trying to explain that I don't see where the X2T changes the game.
I have the Cactus V6II. On the surface yes, they seem similar. That can actually be said about any trigger that does Pentax TTL and HSS.
It's the addition of Bluetooth and being able to simultaneously fire the shutter remotely through the trigger while also firing the flash.
09-19-2019, 01:08 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
It's the addition of Bluetooth...
Yeah, that's great. That's why I've ordered the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII which has the same feature but a bigger screen. I don't need the on-camera/trigger hot-shoe of the X2T (which I also ordered before I knew that the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII will be available for Pentax after all).

...and being able to simultaneously fire the shutter remotely through the trigger while also firing the flash.
The Cactus V6II can do that as well (-> "relay" feature). I think the V6II does it even better because the hand-held shutter-release transmitter can control the flash power. I'm not sure whether Godox triggers support that as well. Do you happen to know that?

Or are you referring to some entirely different feature?
09-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the addition of Bluetooth and being able to simultaneously fire the shutter remotely through the trigger while also firing the flash.
So it is able to work as a Bluetooth radio release dongle? That is a nice feature. (Remembering that it is sync to the shutter that triggers the flash and not the other way around.)

Steve