Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2019, 07:47 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
AF201 3D Printed Accessories

Some time back, I acquired a 3D printer not knowing that it brought with it a virus for a human fever. I've been ramping up on 3D software and the use of the printer ever since and being a Pentax user, decided that a portion of my efforts should be devoted to Pentax objects - those that have some use for Pentaxians.

One of my first Pentax projects (that I want to share), is a set of accessories for the Pentax AF201 flash unit. I own this flash and use it frequently, but wanted to add to its capabilities a bit so I went to work designing some add-ons. So here attached is the set of stl files and a users guide to building these. You need a 3D printer, of course, unless you farm out the builds to some third party.

There are some standard disclaimers. These files are to be used only for your own use and not in any production for selling the items. Also the user takes the liability for using the builds and if any damage occurs to your equipment through their use, it's on you. Otherwise, I think these will find interest with any AF201 owner, and you are free to print away. Please completely read the users guide first, as it has some suggestions of value and photos of the printed goods.

Let me have your feedback. I still have that fever.

Attached Files
File Type: zip AF201 Tools & Info.zip (1.56 MB, 76 views)

Last edited by Bob 256; 06-08-2019 at 01:32 PM.
06-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bob 256, These are nice, thanks for sharing them.

We have a 3D printer at work and our chap is often keen to try new parts out so I may tap him up for these. (if he has any black material that is).
Have you tried aluminium foil in place of the white insert or is that a bad idea?
06-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #3

Would be nice if you posted some images of the gadgets
06-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool - nice idea and accessories!

06-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I started working with K-1 Arca compatible L-Plate recently after finishing P20 Pro filter holder.
06-08-2019, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Would be nice if you posted some images of the gadgets
Check out the Users Guide. There are several photos of the printed accessories in that.

---------- Post added 06-08-2019 at 02:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Bob 256, These are nice, thanks for sharing them.

We have a 3D printer at work and our chap is often keen to try new parts out so I may tap him up for these. (if he has any black material that is).
Have you tried aluminium foil in place of the white insert or is that a bad idea?
Aluminum foil will work but it's not as diffuse as a white surface. Either is a good choice but if you take the time to print the insert, it pops in and stays there better than aluminum unless you glue the latter. It can also be removed more easily than cemented foil for that "just a snoot" use.