Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #1

Decent Travel Tri-Pod

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm going on a trip next month and would like to take a tri-pod with me. I'm fairly new to photography so hopefully I can get pointed in the right direction. I'm looking for something compact and light, but sturdy. I don't want it to break the bank either. Nothing special.

10-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a Feisol CT-3301 carbon fiber tripod for sale in the marketplace here. It's light (2.6 lbs), sturdy (max load 19.8 lbs), and compact (folds to 23.6 inches). Max height is 55 inches (without head), min height is 8 inches. I have a Giottos ballhead included with it. I bought it for travel, which it works very well for. It's also an awesome everyday tripod.

Let me know if you're interested.
10-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Definitely check out the Travel Angel series from Benro - they are tiny yet very solid. I have the A-168 and love it.

New Benro A068-M8 Travel Tripod Leg + BH-0 ballhead - eBay (item 190256626122 end time Nov-01-08 22:37:16 PDT)
10-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by FckShoes Quote
I'm going on a trip next month and would like to take a tri-pod with me. I'm fairly new to photography so hopefully I can get pointed in the right direction. I'm looking for something compact and light, but sturdy. I don't want it to break the bank either. Nothing special.
You might be interested in the TrekPod Go from Trek-Tech

http://www.trek-pod.com/
It is a monopod that converts to a tripod. It collapses to fit airline carry-on (if the TSA will let you on board with it). Since the tripod mode uses very short legs, it can present stability issues if not used properly and it is problematic with large lenses, but I find it just the thing for quick field trips where I might want something in the way of support when a handheld shot is not practical.