Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #1

Using AF-360 wirelessly

I just picked up a 360 and was interested in using it wirelessly. I have followed the instructions, but it seems that the flash only worked in conjunction with the on camera flash, is this correct? Or can I use it as a slave without having to use the on camera flash?

10-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #2

I am 99% sure it only works with the onboard flash. Someone certainly will correct me if I am wrong.
10-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can trigger your 360 via the on board flash (your camera should be able to switch the on board flash function to trigger mode only - where the on board flash will not affect the photo, or in standard default mode - where the on board flash will affect the photo). Basically your 360, when set to slave, is looking for trigger information sent by the on board flash or a flash mounted on the camera hot shoe.
If you have a second 360 you can place one on the hot shoe (or cable remoted) set as the master,and the other can be remote and wireless set as the slave. Basically the term wireless is a bit misleading. In todays world we think of wireless as a radio function. It should be called flash linked (as used in yuor arangement) & cable linked if joined together via wire means.
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
You can trigger your 360 via the on board flash (your camera should be able to switch the on board flash function to trigger mode only
Since the OP didn't mention which camera model they have, I thought I'd better mention that the K100 cannot act as a wireless flash controller. The K200 however, can.

10-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
You can trigger your 360 via the on board flash (your camera should be able to switch the on board flash function to trigger mode only - where the on board flash will not affect the photo, or in standard default mode - where the on board flash will affect the photo). Basically your 360, when set to slave, is looking for trigger information sent by the on board flash or a flash mounted on the camera hot shoe.
If you have a second 360 you can place one on the hot shoe (or cable remoted) set as the master,and the other can be remote and wireless set as the slave. Basically the term wireless is a bit misleading. In todays world we think of wireless as a radio function. It should be called flash linked (as used in yuor arangement) & cable linked if joined together via wire means.
Excellent answer. That is what I though but I just wanted it confirmed, so I don't waste time trying to get it to do something it is not capable of. I still am very happy with the flash.