Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #1

recommended macro extension tube set for KX?

Looking for a working, cheap macro extension tube set for my Kx. I have checked on places like Amazon, but none of the reviews seem good because apparently many of the adapters there don't fit properly. Thanks in advance for your response.

08-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have a set from Kenko that fits just fine. What I really like about the Kenko set is that it has auto aperture (no auto focus though) that can be really helpful, especially for use with modern lenses that don't have an aperture lever..
08-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jon55 Quote
Looking for a working, cheap macro extension tube set
I bought a really cheap set online, made in China. Took a risk on what I would get. All metal, all manual (as expected); no auto-aperture and no auto focus, but did I mention they were really cheap? They do 'work' as far as pushing the lens farther away from the body, and everything fits securely. And they were really cheap.
08-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
If your lens has an aperture ring I recommend the Pentax Auto Extension Tube K Set:

http://kmp.pentaxians.eu/wp-content/uploads/bojidar/misc/macro/ext_auto.jpg

I use it in my *ist DL and k-x DSLRs.

08-26-2019, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I second the Kenko in the PKA mount. You just need patience to find a set. I bought mine from KEH.
08-26-2019, 06:36 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I bought a really cheap set online, made in China. Took a risk on what I would get. All metal, all manual (as expected); no auto-aperture and no auto focus, but did I mention they were really cheap? They do 'work' as far as pushing the lens farther away from the body, and everything fits securely. And they were really cheap.
This is what I went with from eBay. I wanted cheap, meaning less than $20 because I will only be using manual lenses with manual focus and aperture rings. I actually modified a K to M42 adapter as a single extension that works with my Pentax 50mm lens. Problem was that it was modded in such as way that I could only use that one lens and at only one distance, so therefore the need for a tube set. Hopefully the eBay one will work and money back guarantee if not.
08-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It depends on which camera and if you need AF or not. I use Kenko Pz-AF Unitube 25 with SDM contacts.