Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

"universal" portrait grip?

Does anyone make something that's like a battery grip but only has a shutter release button for cameras that don't have battery grip contacts (like my K-70)?
I read about the Dicain Grip for K100d, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore and I think it was pretty sculpted to one camera.

09-03-2019, 09:18 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Universal L-plate + some sort of Arca-Swiss clamp grip?

Steve

(...y'all remember...I thought of this first, right? I'm serious...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.
09-04-2019, 05:06 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer / mod
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thinking of where the connection would come from if there isn't anything under the grip for electrical contacts...

I know there's wireless options, but do you want a highly critical contact/action to be based on a wireless connection?
09-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thinking of where the connection would come from if there isn't anything under the grip for electrical contacts...

I know there's wireless options, but do you want a highly critical contact/action to be based on a wireless connection?
It doesn't need to be wireless, all it needs is a couple inch long cable that goes to the wired shutter release on the camera.
that's how the Dicain was and how this nikon grip is.
Black BG-2F Vertical Battery Grip Holder for Nikon D3100 D3200 D3300 JL | eBay