Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #16
Pentaxian

What I do with my San Disk card, is that I retain the little plastic snap case they come in and use my Brother Label making machine to put a label on the case. Short...K1...K5...Km...K10D...GR.

Never a problem, works well. I shy away from markers, ball point, etc...as in my experience it either wears away or smears.

09-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Create a series of dots that mean something and use multiple colors of nail polish? 1 Red for D, 2 Red for Z, etc etc.
09-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Thank you. Loading and unloading one at a time is what I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to do, but now it looks like the sharpie marking approach will work best.

NOTE TO ALL THE RESPONDERS:

Thanks everyone. I picked up a new package of sharpies, and they work. Don't quite know why I thought they did not work earlier. Thanks for all the responses and ideas.
I’ve fond the Sharpie ink wears off the SD Labels.

Get your hands on a Brother P-Touch Tape Label Printer and make a small label for each card. The PTD210 is about $30 at Amazon.

Once you have one you’ll use it a lot. The labels are about as thick as a piece of Scotch Tape. Alternatively get some write-on Scotch Tape and a fine Sharpie. The ink sticks to the tape.
09-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you. Loading and unloading one at a time is what I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to do, but now it looks like the sharpie marking approach will work best.

Thanks everyone. I picked up a new package of sharpies, and they work. Don't quite know why I thought they did not work earlier. Thanks for all the responses and ideas.
Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

09-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
The problem with paint or a label is something coming off and getting all over inside your SD slot.
That's a good point. Definitely don't want a foreign object coming off inside the SD slot.
09-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Paint pens write on nearly everything. Glad the latest sharpies work.
09-16-2019, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry I'm late to this thread. I've used the Sharpie Fine Point permanent marker for just about everything; and I've yet to find something it won't work on. This is the one that has a slightly fatter barrel.

09-30-2019, 07:03 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sharpies come in different flavors. Aka, permenent, erasable, etc.
10-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #24
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
Originally posted by Kozlok The problem with paint or a label is something coming off and getting all over inside your SD slot.
This would be a concern for me, as it would be almost impossible to remove a label that is still sticky, from inside the camera SD slot!