Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wireless shutter release tranceiver

I just bought a Cactus LV5 and i'm looking for a shutter trigger tranceiver compatible with my K3ii so i don't have to have a cable connection between the LV5 and the camera.

What are the 3rd party tranceivers out there that will work (hotshoe or tranceiver > camera with 2.5mm cable)?

09-14-2019, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to the following video, the Cactus V5 will act as a transceiver for the camera to communicate with the LV5. I use the Cactus V5 transceivers on all of my Pentax cameras (K-5IIs, K-3II, and K-1 II). The units I received came with cables, but if you find you are in need of a shutter release cable to connect your V5 to your camera, the Cactus SC-C1 cable will work, it is a coiled cable (see internet address below). According to the video, I am assuming that you would only require the one V5 unit.

---------- Post added 09-14-19 at 11:59 AM ----------

Below is a shortcut to the V5 listing at B and H (single unit). The internet address listing to the cable I mentioned is also below. I have the cable and it works. Even though its specs mention Canon, it works for Pentax.

Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Single CACV5 B&H Photo Video

https://store.cactus-image.com/cactus-shutter-cable-sc-c1-for-canon-1000d/

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-14-2019 at 10:10 AM.
09-25-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

A V5 definitely works but a V6 will as well (as long as you use one of the firmware versions that still use the same radio protocol as the LV5 / V5).

No other radio trigger will work with the LV5 wirelessly. You could, however, connect the LV5 to a trigger from another brand via a cable and then use other compatible radio receivers/transceivers.