Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 08:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For the record, Peak Design just launched an upgraded version of their whole lineup, including their slings. The 5L is now a 6L, and looks very, very cool.

12-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mot11 Quote
I use a military surplus harvest sack or shoulder bag into which I put the padded pouch from an old camera bag.
I used an old medic bag for many years. Worked great until it just got too old and started falling apart. These days, I use a Domke F5XB or an older Lowepro 100 series Slingshot bag. I bought the Domke used off Ebay and found the Lowepro at our local Goodwill shop.
12-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vmax911 Quote
Any suggestions on a small back or sling for holding just the camera and mounted lens? This would be occasions where photography is not the primary focus. Just a small body (kp or ks2) and a mounted 18-135mm or possibly 16-85mm. It would be for quick, spur of the moment type shots.The bag I have now holds the body and mounted lens, plus two other compartments (for lens and/or flash) and pockets. It also has the double zipper which is mildly annoying. I would like something more minimalistic and simple.
I don’t bother with a camera specific shoulder bag. Normally I use a Fossil small messenger bag. It can hold a camera with lens mounted, spare batteries, your cell phone etc.....

Best of all, it does not look like a camera bag
12-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I love my Think Tank Retrospective 7, its just right size for a K-1, and 2 regular size lenses (Limited bounce around a bit more so I keep them in the pouches). I use a messenger style bag more than any other bag.