Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #1

Rechargable Batteries

So I just got some Sanyo Eneloops for my K100d and was wondering if I can recharge these in the camera or do I have to take them out and put them in a recharger? Just wondering for when they do need to be recharged.

10-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless the eneloops do something I don't know about, you need to remove the batteries from the cam to charge them - Pretty sure the dc input only powers the camera not recharging too.

10-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Did you get the package with the 4 Eneloops and charger? If so just use the charger you recd with the batteries. As far as I know, you can't charge the batteries in the camera....
10-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
Batteries

I could not find the Eneloops with a charger here in Portland. I could find a charger with 2 batteries, but not four. Can I use any charger with these batteries?

10-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pdxbmw Quote
I could not find the Eneloops with a charger here in Portland. I could find a charger with 2 batteries, but not four. Can I use any charger with these batteries?
I think any charger will work, but I'd get a "smart" charger that will sense how much charge remains and condition the batteries. You'll get the most life out of the batteries that way.

Thomas Distributing has pretty much everything you need in batteries. I use and recommend this charger, which comes with a travel case, and (in this deal) some Eneloops as well.
10-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by pdxbmw Quote
So I just got some Sanyo Eneloops for my K100d and was wondering if I can recharge these in the camera or do I have to take them out and put them in a recharger? Just wondering for when they do need to be recharged.
I have this package. I got it at Circuit City but it appears that they no longer carry Eneloops.

Sanyo | Eneloop AA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries | SECMQN06TG4
10-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #7

batteries issues

i am having power issues with my eneloops. i have tried a lot of batteries for my k100d like ansmann, eneloops, energizer etc but they all dont seem to last with my camera. i can only take around less than 100 shots then it my camera will say battry depleted. is it my camera or what.
is there anybody out there with the same problems hoping sombedy can help me out

10-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Tagging

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
I think any charger will work, but I'd get a "smart" charger that will sense how much charge remains and condition the batteries. You'll get the most life out of the batteries that way.

Thomas Distributing has pretty much everything you need in batteries. I use and recommend this charger, which comes with a travel case, and (in this deal) some Eneloops as well.
Thanks for the links, will have a look at it
10-17-2008, 03:06 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by rjburgos Quote
i am having power issues with my eneloops. i have tried a lot of batteries for my k100d like ansmann, eneloops, energizer etc but they all dont seem to last with my camera. i can only take around less than 100 shots then it my camera will say battry depleted. is it my camera or what.
is there anybody out there with the same problems hoping sombedy can help me out
have you tried different chargers? maybe you have a bad battery charger?
10-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

This is like one I picked up at my Costco the other day just to see what all the fuss is about.
Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop Power Pack with Battery Charger, 8 AA & 2 AAA Batteries Plus 4 C & 4 D Size Adapter: Electronics

You know how women will go on a diet and soon fall off the diet and hate themselves for a short while.
I told myself that I was going to buy less products from Asian manufacturers. I am not doing as well as I had hoped.
10-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I was having troubles with rechrgable batteries as well on my k100d. If eneloops didn't resolve the problem I'm afraid you'll have to service your camera.

I can easily snap about 400 shots with one set of eneloops.
10-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

It is most likely the charger you are using - suggest getting a decent charger with individual circuits (also light indicator); smart charger can shut off the fully charged battery while the remaining ones are still charging. Also, to keep your batteries last longer, you should try keeping them in a set of four (so they are used and discharged evenly); I marked all my rechargeable batteries (set 1, 2 etc.) with markers so I don't mix them up.

If that does not help, you will need to take your camera in for service.

Hope it helps,
10-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #13

+2 for La Crosse Charger.
I like the "refresh" feature.
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you go La Crosse, just make sure keeping it away from anything flammable cos there have been cases of melt down. This is the only charger that I am aware of has such issue btw.
10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
Veteran Member

here is the charger i bought, it is small, works fairly fast, comes with a bag, and has the "refresh" feature

- Maha MH-C204W White World Charger Kit Combo Includes Four ..