Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vincov Bags?

Anyone ever used a Vincov bag? Their prices are good but, well, their prices are good so I wonder about quality, haha. Not to be snobbish -- I use a $45 canvas bag I bought off Amazon and it's been good but it's starting to get worn.

10-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've heard they're well made and a good value. If it checks off the boxes on what you're looking for, I'd say grab it.

Personally my favorite bag when I'm working is a forest green Lowepro Nova 5 from the late '90's.
For travel, I bring a Case Logic dsb-102.
10-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Never heard of them.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but they're certainly not mainstream.

The prices look of, you're not taking a huge risk. Their website does not show (or I didn't find) information about warranty, which might be a red flag.

If you wish, write down a few requirements/preferences you have for your ideal bag, and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. I've used a reviewed quite a number of bags.
10-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like nice bags; however, that darn 10% newsletter banner coming up, blocking the items, and not being able to remove it without subscribing; soured me immediately. I don't like being forced into any subscriptions!

10-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Never heard of them.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but they're certainly not mainstream.

The prices look of, you're not taking a huge risk. Their website does not show (or I didn't find) information about warranty, which might be a red flag.

If you wish, write down a few requirements/preferences you have for your ideal bag, and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. I've used a reviewed quite a number of bags.
Fair enough, and good point on the warranty. Basically, what I want is the Ona Bags Union Street without having to wait for it to be remanufactured or especially having to pay for it. The Astoria is nice, too. My parents asked what I wanted for Christmas and I thought a nice camera bag was the ticket, since I have bag envy always.

I like the canvas and leather shoulder bag style and I want it to have as much room as my current bag, which holds a camera and three lenses pretty well, as well as accessories like an incident light meter. Laptop or tablet compartment is unnecessary, but seems to be table stakes so I don't mind having it. Bonus points for hand strap as well as shoulder, and I would love to have tripod straps on the bottom.

This is the bag I use now. It's been good for a few years.
10-23-2019, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
I like the canvas and leather shoulder bag style and I want it to have as much room as my current bag, which holds a camera and three lenses pretty well, as well as accessories like an incident light meter.
My favourite messenger bag (what you call shoulder bag) is the Peak Design Messenger:

Peak Design Everyday Messenger Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Close second, exactly the look you are wishing for I think, is the Think Tank Signature 13:

Think Tank Signature 13 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

That bag lacks the Peak Design dividers which I prefer, and the external anchor point for a Capture Clip (which I use a lot). Internal organization was still excellent, and... well, read the review, it's easier than repeating it here.

Another which fits your wishes, is inexpensive, extremely reliable and comes in many sizes is the Think Tank Retrospective:

Think Tank Retrospective 30 V2 Review - Review Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Any of these three are covered for life. The retrospective also comes in black, and the Peak Design comes in lighter gray, black, and used to come in brown (not sure it's still available, except maybe on the Peak Design eBay store).

The ONA bags look very elegant, but I'm not convinced internal organization is in any way better (I have not tested them).

Other brands like Sirui and Manfrotto also have vintage-looking messenger bags, but I have no experience with them.

I hope I helped, let me know if you have more questions.
10-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
My favourite messenger bag (what you call shoulder bag) is the Peak Design Messenger:

Peak Design Everyday Messenger Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Close second, exactly the look you are wishing for I think, is the Think Tank Signature 13:

Think Tank Signature 13 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

That bag lacks the Peak Design dividers which I prefer, and the external anchor point for a Capture Clip (which I use a lot). Internal organization was still excellent, and... well, read the review, it's easier than repeating it here.

Another which fits your wishes, is inexpensive, extremely reliable and comes in many sizes is the Think Tank Retrospective:

Think Tank Retrospective 30 V2 Review - Review Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Any of these three are covered for life. The retrospective also comes in black, and the Peak Design comes in lighter gray, black, and used to come in brown (not sure it's still available, except maybe on the Peak Design eBay store).

The ONA bags look very elegant, but I'm not convinced internal organization is in any way better (I have not tested them).

Other brands like Sirui and Manfrotto also have vintage-looking messenger bags, but I have no experience with them.

I hope I helped, let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks! I hadn't seen the Signature 13 before, it seems nice. A good friend has the Ona Union Street and it's really well made and functional. If the rest of their bags are as well made, I'd recommend taking a look.

10-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
A good friend has the Ona Union Street and it's really well made and functional. If the rest of their bags are as well made, I'd recommend taking a look.
I might if the occasion presents itself. I'm glad to have been of help!