Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2019, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Ultimately some of these suggestions can come from those that shoot casually. If you ever cover a full wedding from 10am - 1am you will understand the hesitation to have any kind of strapping mechanism around your waist.
A belt works well, and perhaps an investment into something like a better more classy cosyspeed and their pouches would be sufficient. Something I can unbuckle quickly and put on the ground to take the shot, place back on the hips afterwards and suffer the least amount of neck strain throughout the gig.
I had erroneously understood that you didn't want to go towards the full photo belt solution.

If you do, I urge you to look at Think Tank's modular belt system. I mentioned the Lens Changers and Speed Changer earlier, they also have a pad to attach a Spyder or Peak Design clip, plus a plethora of other accessories. They're the kind of stuff pros will use, and I have seen quite a few wedding photographers using them.

11-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Maybes...
Here's another one to think about too...

Billingham 445 Camera Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
11-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I had erroneously understood that you didn't want to go towards the full photo belt solution.

If you do, I urge you to look at Think Tank's modular belt system. I mentioned the Lens Changers and Speed Changer earlier, they also have a pad to attach a Spyder or Peak Design clip, plus a plethora of other accessories. They're the kind of stuff pros will use, and I have seen quite a few wedding photographers using them.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thanks fellas.
11-07-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could likely swap out the Nikon mount on the existing capture devices with a Pentax mount from a cheap body.

11-08-2019, 05:50 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
You could likely swap out the Nikon mount on the existing capture devices with a Pentax mount from a cheap body.
I figured one could attach a Nikon to K-mount converter, but swapping might be easier. I'm guessing you'd have to drill holes for screws on the K-mount?

Honestly though, I'm not sure this attachment would work better than simply clipping the camera on a Capture Clip. Either way it frees a hand.
11-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I figured one could attach a Nikon to K-mount converter, but swapping might be easier. I'm guessing you'd have to drill holes for screws on the K-mount?

Honestly though, I'm not sure this attachment would work better than simply clipping the camera on a Capture Clip. Either way it frees a hand.
Good points. I haven't looked at this in great detail, but my impression is yes you're going to have to drill the k mount to match the holes on the Nikon. Not sure about the lock either. It seems possible, but complicated.
11-08-2019, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do not know if it would work for you, but i saw something for changing lenses.
A sort of new company is offering a three lens change system that looks reasonably workable.

TriLens? Lens holder - Change lenses in the blink of an eye

Only two problems. First (I am almost inclined to say as usual) it does not have a pentax mount and secondly You need to find a way to attach it to your holdfastgear harness.

11-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
I do not know if it would work for you, but i saw something for changing lenses.
A sort of new company is offering a three lens change system that looks reasonably workable.

TriLens? Lens holder - Change lenses in the blink of an eye

Only two problems. First (I am almost inclined to say as usual) it does not have a pentax mount and secondly You need to find a way to attach it to your holdfastgear harness.
It's been announced some years ago. I've never seen one in the wild, and few reports, so I'm not sure how trustworthy it is.
11-08-2019, 11:33 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be honest, me neither.
Just looks like a great “concept”

It's been announced some years ago. I've never seen one in the wild, and few reports, so I'm not sure how trustworthy it is.
11-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #25
Pentaxian

To be honest, me neither.
Just looks like a great “concept”
While in theory it looks pretty cool, in practice having so many lenses on your hips is likely to create unbalance. I find that I much prefer to either use a messenger bag or individual lens pouches. Fixing the camera to a Capture Clip frees my hands and I can use one pouch when working with two lenses.
11-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Besides the unbalance, what about 2-3 kilo’s on your belt. I do not think my trousers would stay where they are supposed to be, although that would solve the unbalance issue .
I only use two lenses on two bodies on one of the moneymaker halters. So i “fortunately” not have an issue where to leave my lenses.
While in theory it looks pretty cool, in practice having so many lenses on your hips is likely to create unbalance. I find that I much prefer to either use a messenger bag or individual lens pouches. Fixing the camera to a Capture Clip frees my hands and I can use one pouch when working with two lenses.
11-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Besides the unbalance, what about 2-3 kilo’s on your belt. I do not think my trousers would stay where they are supposed to be, although that would solve the unbalance issue .
I only use two lenses on two bodies on one of the moneymaker halters. So i “fortunately” not have an issue where to leave my lenses.
I'm a fairly slender guy, a lot of the belt systems I have owned can get problematic when heavy, they just start to loosen and slip down, or you feel like you want to take the camera out of a side holster pouch and rather hold it than have it add weight to the system.
11-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not the most slender person. The only things i carry on my belt is my phone and I have a leather pouch that holds two spare batteries. When not wearing a jacket, i also use that.
I'm a fairly slender guy, a lot of the belt systems I have owned can get problematic when heavy, they just start to loosen and slip down, or you feel like you want to take the camera out of a side holster pouch and rather hold it than have it add weight to the system.
11-18-2019, 07:34 AM   #29
Pentaxian

The Think Tank system does come with optional shoulder straps/harnesses. You look like a rock climber but it works.
11-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Think Tank system does come with optional shoulder straps/harnesses. You look like a rock climber but it works.
Yes, I saw reviews of that, I saw it being pitched against the Holdfast in particular. In the end I decided the Holdfast had a few advantages that I think were really important to me and also made me look less like a rock climber but more fitting with the occasion (weddings) so went that route instead. I just feel I cannot completely escape looking a tad ridiculous with lens pouches due to my prime life