Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gene D Quote
These are good suggestions. Would also recommend the Mindshift Horizon; review here. Love the rotational belt pack

Mindshift Gear rotation180° Horizon backpack Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
As much as I love that backpack, it won't work for several larger lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Thanks, I'll definitely be taking a look at them. The Peak Design Travel pack doesn't interest me for this because it's too large. The first 4 I'll take a closer look at.
I figured it would be too big. I love owning and using it, but as I wrote, even at 35 liters it's still pretty big.

Good luck with your search!

11-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks, I'll check it out. It definitely looks promising. What are the differences between this and the Manfrotto Manhattan 50?
From what I see, the Manhattan 50 has the opening on the back (so you have to flip it towards your front to take the camera out) and has a bit more space for camera stuff. The Metropolitan looks a bit more like a "typical" backpack, with the laptop closer to your bag. I unfortunately haven't tried either, but figured the Metropolitan would check all your boxes and there should be a good reason it's a best seller .

For reference, when I'm hiking I use a Decathlon 20L trail backpack. However, I assume that it has nothing to do with what you need. I don't bring the computer to work, to walk around the city (it's a 17.3" gaming laptop so "light" is it not* ) or when I carry the camera**, so I cannot really help much more...

*And the 180 W charger is like a cinder block. Made of lead.
** The thought of carrying the laptop and the K-1 in the same backpack is making my entire spine scream
11-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
From what I see, the Manhattan 50 has the opening on the back (so you have to flip it towards your front to take the camera out) and has a bit more space for camera stuff. The Metropolitan looks a bit more like a "typical" backpack, with the laptop closer to your bag. I unfortunately haven't tried either, but figured the Metropolitan would check all your boxes and there should be a good reason it's a best seller .

For reference, when I'm hiking I use a Decathlon 20L trail backpack. However, I assume that it has nothing to do with what you need. I don't bring the computer to work, to walk around the city (it's a 17.3" gaming laptop so "light" is it not* ) or when I carry the camera**, so I cannot really help much more...

*And the 180 W charger is like a cinder block. Made of lead.
** The thought of carrying the laptop and the K-1 in the same backpack is making my entire spine scream
Sometimes I carry my 17.3 inch laptop, charger, K-1 and K-70 with five lenses, two flashes and triggers and a lightstand on my back with tripod in my hand. Up to 10 km around the city is acceptable but heavy
11-04-2019, 07:38 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So I've made a list of the bags I'm currently looking at. I'll put together a pro/con list later. (Position on list does not indicate level of interest, just which one I wrote down first). † indicates strong interest.

Manfrotto:
•Advanced BeFree Camera backpack (rear access) †
•Advanced Tri Large †
•Manhattan Mover 50 †
•Metropolitan

Lowepro:
•Photo Active BP 300 †
•FastPack BP 250
•Freeline 350
•Flipside Trek BP 250

Thule:
•Aspect †

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 11-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.
11-05-2019, 06:31 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Manfrotto:
•Advanced BeFree Camera backpack (rear access) †
•Advanced Tri Large †
•Manhattan Mover 50 †
•Metropolitan

Lowepro:
•Photo Active BP 300 †
•FastPack BP 250
•Freeline 350
•Flipside Trek BP 250

Thule:
•Aspect †
An interesting list. I confess I have not seen the Thule bags in person, some people like them a lot. I look forward to your analysis.