Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Very interesting comments! I'm gald you like your tripod. It should serve you well.

Nice Ikea table and kid's chair
My home is an Ikea show room, it's embarrassing...

11-21-2019, 05:42 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
My home is an Ikea show room, it's embarrassing...
I wouldn't say that Things are getting more complicated for us now that Ikea opened a store literally 5 minutes from our home.
11-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wouldn't say that Things are getting more complicated for us now that Ikea opened a store literally 5 minutes from our home.
haha!

When we first arrived in Australia in 2006 things felt very new and very strange. We actually often went to Ikea just to gain some familiarity. It doesn't matter where in the world you are all Ikeas inside look the same
11-21-2019, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

haha!

When we first arrived in Australia in 2006 things felt very new and very strange. We actually often went to Ikea just to gain some familiarity. It doesn't matter where in the world you are all Ikeas inside look the same
And they all have that same horrible winding layout that forces you through every f'ing square metre of the store and drains you of the will to live. I loathe Ikea (but you probably guessed that)

11-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
And they all have that same horrible winding layout that forces you through every f'ing square metre of the store and drains you of the will to live. I loathe Ikea (but you probably guessed that)
Haha, definitely!
11-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #21
Pentaxian

haha!

In a weird way that makes sense.

This being Quebec, our Ikea even has a poutine bar!

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
You have to find the shortcuts. Or order online.
11-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm glad you like you tripod. I have 3 Vanguard tripods.

1) An Auctus Plus 323CT beast. Got it when they were half off and discontinued. Very solid and a heck of a deal.

2) An ABEO Plus 323AT. Nice medium size tripod I like a lot.

3) An Alta Pro 283CT. I was using it in the house and suddenly the center column would not secure. Looking down I found a small square metal piece that is supposed to be attached to the tightening mechanism. I was able to reinstall it but is is not real secure and can fall out again if I am not careful. Not really sure how to secure it in place as the glue that was used did not work. No problem unless the center column is removed. Then there is enough of a gap for the piece to fall out again. But of course you need to remove the column in order to mount it at an angle. Kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. I just need to be careful if I use that feature. I like all the other aspects of the tripod.

11-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

....You have to find the shortcuts. Or order online.
I've only been in there once to pick up a cushion for my wife and I was in the area. It was such a horrific experience that I told my wife that as much as I love her to pieces, it's not enough for me to ever set foot in the place again. It's my vision of hell (if I believed in that sort of thing).
11-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I'm glad you like you tripod. I have 3 Vanguard tripods.

1) An Auctus Plus 323CT beast. Got it when they were half off and discontinued. Very solid and a heck of a deal.

2) An ABEO Plus 323AT. Nice medium size tripod I like a lot.

3) An Alta Pro 283CT. I was using it in the house and suddenly the center column would not secure. Looking down I found a small square metal piece that is supposed to be attached to the tightening mechanism. I was able to reinstall it but is is not real secure and can fall out again if I am not careful. Not really sure how to secure it in place as the glue that was used did not work. No problem unless the center column is removed. Then there is enough of a gap for the piece to fall out again. But of course you need to remove the column in order to mount it at an angle. Kind of a bummer, but it is what it is. I just need to be careful if I use that feature. I like all the other aspects of the tripod.
Yeah, I was disappointed with the Vanguard 35 degree twist lock system, because on paper it seemed to be exactly the tripod I wanted for the features it had at a price I could manage. However going through two of the tripods in 2 months was too much (and same fault each time). In other regards the tripod seemed fine, the ball head looked high quality etc, I just lost my will to try for a third...

Australia can be a very restrictive market, Manfrotto seems to dominate the physical stores, and online places (like Pentax for example) have formed alliances with only certain few brands (Vanguard seemingly being one of them). The choice just isn't there, and importing tripods from overseas lose so much value on any special offer once you factor shipping costs and possible customs tax. So we get stuck with what we have and so I took a gamble with this iFootage but thus far it seems to have been a decent purchase. I'm not sure it's worth the $389AUD that it typically runs for, but I paid $311AUD and next day delivery for mine so can't complain too much.