Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Forum Member

Mefoto Roadtrip Air Tripod as a Bipod

I had the opportunity to try a mefoto roadtrip air as a bipod today. That is with 2 legs extended in front of me to take the weight of my K1 with a 70 to 200 lens. I must say I really enjoyed it. I have the mefoto globetrotter aluminum and I have tried the same maneuver with that but it is larger and heavier and I just donít want to take it with me that much.

I was thinking I might be able to get away with the mefoto backpacker as a bipod since I wonít be setting it up as a stand alone tripod anyway. It would be very light small and could stay in my truck all of the time. The only caveat I have is that for either tripod to reach roughly 150cm you must extend the column as it has a telescoping feature as well, It does get a little wobbly but it is really just for support. I have to say it does make shooting with the K1 alot more fun.

Has anyone else used a travel tripod in this way?

Mike

11-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

When birding, I've been known to extend just one leg of my Manfrotto to scope a distant bird / blob, before setting it up as usual, but it's a bit wobbly. Does enable me to see if it's worth using all three legs, though.
11-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
After some more testing I think what I will be going with is a Primos Gen2 Trigger Bipod. Being able to deploy both legs with a trigger and not having to use clamp or twist locks is great. Here is the setup it is really nice to work with and for $90 CDN I think good value for money.

Mike
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X70  Photo 

Last edited by rml63; 11-30-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added photo