Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #1

Cactus v6 II donít work with a k1

Problem with the cactus v6 ii, when i connect the triger to k1 it does not cause the flashes to fire, it confirms the broadcast by sound but does not fire, it only activates the cactus flash. With the k5 there is no such problem.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks

01-12-2020, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

at times I have problems with the v6ii being properly mounted on the hot shoe but once in position good to go.....it's odd as it seems it is mounted in the same spot every time but the tiniest movement or whatever makes a difference
01-12-2020, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
at times I have problems with the v6ii being properly mounted on the hot shoe but once in position good to go.....it's odd as it seems it is mounted in the same spot every time but the tiniest movement or whatever makes a difference
Dido I have had the same problem on my K3II
01-13-2020, 12:07 AM - 1 Like   #4

I have a K3 II. I have had my Cactus 6-II since last September. I have used it several times and made several exposures each time. I have never had it fail on me. Do you have the groups and channels set up correctly?

01-13-2020, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kobi. Quote
Problem with the cactus v6 ii, when i connect the triger to k1 it does not cause the flashes to fire, it confirms the broadcast by sound but does not fire, it only activates the cactus flash. With the k5 there is no such problem.
Thanks
Make sure you "push" it enough into the flash hotshoe. Otherwise it's making false contact and doesn't work.
01-13-2020, 03:58 AM - 3 Likes   #6
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
no problems here. Do you have installed the newest Firmware for the Cactus?
01-13-2020, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #7

I had another question. Are you shooting TTL or Manual. I have not had much success with TTL so anymore I am always shooting Manual. I have much more control that way.
01-13-2020, 06:26 AM - 2 Likes   #8

It needs to be the Pentax update as well,

01-13-2020, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks
Make sure you are turning on the V6II unit last.
01-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #10

Original Poster
The triggers worked with the k1 until a week ago and yet I updated them and also the camera but it did not help, another strange thing I saw is that the video play function also does not work in the camera, I mean I put the camera on video mode it does nothing and continues to shoot stills
01-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #11

Cactus v6II. No Problems

Problem with the cactus v6 ii, when i connect the trigger to k1 it does not cause the flashes to fire, it confirms the broadcast by sound but does not fire, it only activates the cactus flash. With the k5 there is no such problem.
Thanks
I have been running V6II's on my K1 and subsequent my K1-II.
Works fine on both the Cactus Flash or with the Cactus V6II receiver driving a Pentax 540 & 201 and Yongou 660.
You have to use a trigger and receiver on the Pentax flash, whereas the Cactus has the Radio built in.
I've run them in manual or TTL (Pentax and Cactus). I've had no problems using 2 flashes at a time and passthru for a third for an experiment.
I typically use manual with excellent result using multiple channels, with easely adjusting outputs individually.
6 Days Ago   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks
It sounds like its doing exactly as its supposed to.

1) V6ii has a transmitter (Tx mode)
2) Cactus Flash has the Receiver built in.

You said the v6ii is firing only the cactus flash, that is correct.

You need a second V6ii and put it in Rx mode (reciever) and connect that to any NON Cactus flash to get it to fire. This is fact and cannot be argued against. If you have had a situation whereby perhaps a Cactus Flash fired as well as a Pentax flash, then the Pentax flash was being optically triggered from the Cactus, never be the receiver.

Hope this helps.

FWIW I have 2xRF60x units and 2xV6ii units for sale.
2 Days Ago   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The triggers worked with the k1 until a week ago and yet I updated them and also the camera but it did not help, another strange thing I saw is that the video play function also does not work in the camera, I mean I put the camera on video mode it does nothing and continues to shoot stills
The matter of video also failing is troubling. Has your camera been exposed to rain or salt spray by any chance?

Question: Have you attempted to use a P-TTL flash on your hot shoe? Did it also fail?

Steve
2 Days Ago   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The matter of video also failing is troubling. Has your camera been exposed to rain or salt spray by any chance?

Question: Have you attempted to use a P-TTL flash on your hot shoe? Did it also fail?

Steve
Indeed you are right PTTL also failed in hot shoe