Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2020, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
To tie this up, I could not pass up a Lowepro AW 202 used from KEH. It was less than half the price of the current model which I assume is the AW 250. Anyway it was rated excellent and it got here overnight although I opted for slow-boat rate. I do not believe this bag was ever used. It is still rather stiff. The main compartment is more than necessary for a K-70 with 55-300 PLM attached, hood reversed although it would work with hood ready. The space left over was just right for a hood-loupe. The Rokinon 16 fits snug to one side and the Tamron 28-105 leaves plenty of room for the nifty 50 if I need to include it. Of course there is more than enough room for batteries and other stuff. Carrying a tripod is awaiting a rigorous play test. If the construction is as advertised I think the critter will do the job. I appreciate all the responses and agree with all the comments concerning the bags. See you in the field.

02-06-2020, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
please consider posting a review after you have had a chance to use it for awhile

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-06-2020 at 02:47 PM.
02-06-2020, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
To tie this up, I could not pass up a Lowepro AW 202 used from KEH. It was less than half the price of the current model which I assume is the AW 250. Anyway it was rated excellent and it got here overnight although I opted for slow-boat rate. I do not believe this bag was ever used. It is still rather stiff. The main compartment is more than necessary for a K-70 with 55-300 PLM attached, hood reversed although it would work with hood ready. The space left over was just right for a hood-loupe. The Rokinon 16 fits snug to one side and the Tamron 28-105 leaves plenty of room for the nifty 50 if I need to include it. Of course there is more than enough room for batteries and other stuff. Carrying a tripod is awaiting a rigorous play test. If the construction is as advertised I think the critter will do the job. I appreciate all the responses and agree with all the comments concerning the bags. See you in the field.
Hope the bag serves you well. And to get a deal, fantastic!
02-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's what I used most frequently for "small" outtings (withont a ton of gear), before my Lowepro Passport Sling. I think you'll find it a very useful bag. Easily slides around the body for convenience. all the compartments open in the right position, and carried just the right amount of "stuff" for me: a couple extra lenses (even the 12-24 with the big hood fit in the top compartment) and misc stuff.

Congrats on your new bag!

02-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I could not pass up a Lowepro AW 202 used from KEH.
Good bag and great deal. Congrats
02-07-2020, 08:54 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
i bought a caden sling bag. i put a camera with a 120-400 attached. it was total length of 10 inches. i could put another 10 inch lens on the other side.
02-08-2020, 12:46 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
FWIW... I put my K1 and 150-450 in one of these. Will last 200 years easy.... but a bit out there...

Nomad XL - Waxed Canvas - Sling Bag - Jack Stillman