Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2020, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 9,591
Cotton Hand Strap

Just received my CCS Hand Strap. Excellent service, extremely fast shipping! The hand strap is very well made, attractive, and I love it; except it cannot be adjusted enough for my small hand! I wish there was a way to adjust it smaller, but there just isn't.

However, I would still highly recommend this product for those with "normal" sized/large hands!

Here: CCS Hand Strap, Camera Hand Strap with Arca Swiss - Cotton - Camera Carrying System

02-07-2020, 01:29 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,388
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Just received my CCS Hand Strap. Excellent service, extremely fast shipping! The hand strap is very well made, attractive, and I love it; except it cannot be adjusted enough for my small hand! I wish there was a way to adjust it smaller, but there just isn't.

However, I would still highly recommend this product for those with "normal" sized/large hands!

Here: CCS Hand Strap, Camera Hand Strap with Arca Swiss - Cotton - Camera Carrying System
The Spider Pro hand strap gives you a tighter adjustment and is more secure IMO, it just feels better and easier to slip your hand into since it's formed differently, but the cost is a whole lot more than the Cotton. Four times as much unless you can find a bargain one. Some would not consider it worth the premium, but I own three of them and obviously wouldn't agree.

Your CottonCarrier is a fine accessory, highly recommended over a wrist strap, and one I used for a short while or one almost identical to it (no idea where it is now).Others will thank you for noting it might not be ideal for smaller hands which I'd not seen mentioned before.

Last edited by gatorguy; 02-07-2020 at 01:36 PM.
02-21-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 9,591
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The Spider Pro hand strap gives you a tighter adjustment and is more secure IMO, it just feels better and easier to slip your hand into since it's formed differently, but the cost is a whole lot more than the Cotton. Four times as much unless you can find a bargain one. Some would not consider it worth the premium, but I own three of them and obviously wouldn't agree.

Your CottonCarrier is a fine accessory, highly recommended over a wrist strap, and one I used for a short while or one almost identical to it (no idea where it is now).Others will thank you for noting it might not be ideal for smaller hands which I'd not seen mentioned before.
It's not that important to me, to pay that much more, and still not be sure it would fit my hand. I'd never use a wrist strap, just don't like them.
02-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,388
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
It's not that important to me, to pay that much more, and still not be sure it would fit my hand. I'd never use a wrist strap, just don't like them.
Personally I think you made a good choice.

Yes, Spider Pro is a fair amount more expensive and I agree with you that a lot of potential buyers won't see the reason to spend that much with a Cotton version at such a reasonable price, just as I noted in my original post. I also agree there seems to be little point in a wrist strap. It only keeps the camera from dropping to the ground, but not assisting in the control of the camera body and easing pressure on the hand.

For example I didn't find the KP to be an easy hand carry for an extended period. It required a pretty firm grasp due to the relatively shallow grip. Always felt it was in danger of falling from my hand if I wasn't paying attention, unlike the K-70 which can almost be supported by curled fingers (tho I wouldn't as a rule). Adding the SpiderPro and the KP is now a comfortable, secure carry that allows my hand to relax without losing grip or control of the camera body. The Cotton Carrier handstrap may serve the same exact purpose for you in which case it would be silly to pay so much more for little or no benefit.

Kinda like spending a small inheritance on ProFoto gear rather than half as much on Godox for 95% of the benefits, but that's an entirely different discussion.


Last edited by gatorguy; 02-21-2020 at 10:18 AM.
02-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 9,591
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The Cotton Carrier handstrap may serve the same exact purpose for you in which case it would be silly to pay so much more for little or no benefit.
Again, because of my small hands, the Cotton Carrier doesn't work, and I really doubt there's any that would adjust small enough. It was just a thought on my part; didn't work, so onward to the next accessory!
02-25-2020, 11:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bengan's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,172
Have you looked at the Peak Design Clutch. I use it and have rather small hands. Never had a problem adjusting it
03-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 9,591
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure my hands are much smaller than a man's small hands. At this moment, I really don't want to spend $40 to find out if this fits or not; as it's quite a chore to return items; having to drive into town, fight the PO, etc.
03-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bengan's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,172
OK, Carol. I can understand your reluctance. Before I give up, I'll post a couple of shots with my wife using it. She has very small hands (Size 7, european). Also a shot where I tightened the strap all the way in.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cotton, cotton hand, hand, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neck strap or hand strap? Both JimmyDranox Accessory and Memory Articles 18 04-02-2016 04:15 AM
Manfrotto with Cotton Carrier hand strap? Shakey Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 3 07-17-2014 02:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top