Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1
Forum Member

PENTAX Reverse Adapter K fit

I have two of the PENTAX Reverse Adapter K,
PENTAX Reverse Adapter K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

in 49mm and 52mm.
They look beautifully made, however both go on super tight onto the K mount.

In fact it's almost impossible to fully click into place. I have tried with film and digital bodies.

What gives? Aftermarket 3rd party adapters go on/off smooth. Chances of both being this bad?

What am I missing on this?

6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
I have two of the PENTAX Reverse Adapter K,
PENTAX Reverse Adapter K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

in 49mm and 52mm.
They look beautifully made, however both go on super tight onto the K mount.

In fact it's almost impossible to fully click into place. I have tried with film and digital bodies.

What gives? Aftermarket 3rd party adapters go on/off smooth. Chances of both being this bad?

What am I missing on this?
I've found it's easier to mount a short extension tube to the camera body first and then mount the reverse adapter. Never had any issues that way.

I was always leery of mounting the adapter directly to the camera body.

Phil.
6 Days Ago   #3

It's the luck of the draw of manufacturing tolerances. My OEM Minolta Leica mount adapter is very snug on my X-700 body but not as bad on any of my bellows or bodies. The 1:1 adapter tube for my Minolta 50mm f/4 macro is a snug fit on the lens. None of my other lenses will fit on the tube. The macro lens fits on everything with no issues.
6 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
FWIW, I have an original Pentax reversal ring. Never had any real issues getting it on and off, but it does fit snugly.

6 Days Ago   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks all! This helps to confirm my suspicion that they are made to fit really tight. Both are about the same and it makes no difference what body or other K flange I try to attach it to. So any tips on making them go on smoother?