Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done sir. I would leave the bear spray home as it would be great test of the sling to see how well it works in full on RUN FOR YOUR LIFE MODE mode.

If the Red Green show was on today he would have two "Handyman's secret weapons." Duct tape and paracord.

Question: At this time of the year when the bears are waking up hungry as all get out does bear spray really work? Or is the desire to chomp on something warm and squishy to great for them to even notice you are using it?

Beautiful place you live in.

04-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well done sir. I would leave the bear spray home as it would be great test of the sling to see how well it works in full on RUN FOR YOUR LIFE MODE mode.
The strap doubles in use as a handle to sling camera+lens around my head to knock out bears...

If the Red Green show was on today he would have two "Handyman's secret weapons." Duct tape and paracord.
Yep - two insanely useful things.

Question: At this time of the year when the bears are waking up hungry as all get out does bear spray really work? Or is the desire to chomp on something warm and squishy to great for them to even notice you are using it?
There's a lot of misinformation about bears out there - in fact they can be more wary of people when just out of hibernation (technically torpor) , as they are slower and weaker. Whatever that means, I am still keeping my distance and giving them as much respect as usual. But as far as bear spray, it's been seen time and time again to be more effective than a firearm.
04-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
But as far as bear spray, it's been seen time and time again to be more effective than a firearm.
As a deterrent or a flavoring! Old joke could not resist.