Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2020, 03:10 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Quick release straps

Lucky Straps have a new quick release system for their straps, the webbing section is anti-cut/theft resistant. Quite like what I see there.

I have two lucky straps, bought before this system came out. Might have to look at another strap now.

On this page, link below, there are 3 videos, 2 explaining the new straps.
The Best Leather Camera Straps for Creative Photographers ? Lucky Camera Straps

Australian made.

05-01-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

They show it attached to a Pentax Spotmatic F as well. 😀
05-01-2020, 04:39 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They do, pleased about that.
This is one of mine. Older version, not quick release. The slim 30 grip, white stitching. The inner side of the strap has a kind of felt, non slip, hangs on a shoulder without slipping off, works quite well. Sadly they don't have the grip versions now, but I understand the inner side of the new ones has a different texture and is sort of non slip.

Last edited by beachgardener; 05-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.
05-01-2020, 05:12 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I use the Peak Design clips which are excellent. I can see some advantages and some disadvantages of the Lucky straps in comparison.

Looking at the Standard 53 strap:

Advantages: leaves nothing on the camera; doesn't require purchase of clips; available in cotton or leather, multiple colours and styles (including vegan!).

Disadvantages: strap length not significantly adjustable; system can't be used with standard (Pentax) strap.

05-01-2020, 05:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Yep, I saw the Lucky straps. They seem a bit finicky to install (and won't go easily in some tripod plates with holes, from what I've seen). They are certainly elegant and refined. The idea of having nothing on the camera at all times is a definitive bonus.

I've used the Op/Tech buckle clips for a while, the straps are neoprene and very comfortable. I've used Peak Design for even longer, I like their Anchor Clips a lot more (small, unobtrusive) and their strap system plus Capture Clip made me realize I didn't like straps. I mostly use the system with a custom-made hand strap (a leather band attached to the tripod plate and the right side, via Anchors, to hold the camera steady in the hand). I use a strap with heavier lenses, a sling configuration with Peak Design's Slide in that case.

I might try the Lucky option to see how I like it.
05-01-2020, 09:16 AM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those straps really look nice! I might have to consider one!
05-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nah, if you have a bad taste selecting a strap, how can you make an aesthetic photo.
05-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a replacement for my Peak Design slide strap and this Lucky system may be it, I will have to investigate it further. I like the simplicity and the ergonomics of the Peak Design anchor clips, especially the ability to remove my strap, which I do often. But I have had to add a back up safety attachment at each anchor clip due to multiple anchor clip failures over the years (thankfully non of them resulting in loss of camera or lens).

05-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #9
Forum Member

I have switched completely over the PeakDesign Hand Cuff and their latest generation quick release system. With the latest anchor system, one is able to easily disconnect your strap with one hand (before it took two hands and more time). Love the PD Cuff and have one each on all three Pentax bodies and am still able to attach a quick release strap.
05-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Looks like the new straps have sold out or selling fast. Here is a review.

Lucky Straps Review | Hand-Crafted, Leather, Ozzie!

Last edited by beachgardener; 05-07-2020 at 04:48 PM.