Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Compatible RRS Quick Release Plate for KP?

Howdy-

I just noticed that my old RRS quick release plate for my Arca Swiss ballhead has a lip on the back side preventing the screen on my KP from tilting, so you have to tilt the screen first before putting on the plate. Kind of a hassle.

Anyone recommend a plate, RRS or otherwise, that's compatible with the tilt screen and the Arca Swiss ball head?

Thanks in advance.

05-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have several, some no name, MeFoto, Smith Victor. They all work fine with the tilt screen. You should be able to tell if they have a lip in the photo. Almost any Arca compatible plate should work, I'm assuming yours has an anti twist lip, I don't think many others have that, it should show up in photos or descriptions it they do. You could also grind the lip off, but as cheap as you can get them why?
05-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks. I saw a Peak Foto at B&H that may work. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
05-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #4

QRP for KP

I use a 'Three legged Thing' Ellie L bracket. The advantage is that the bracket comes apart and the long arm of the L used as a QRP
complete with bevel to allow movement of the rear screen.
You have the advantage that you also have an L bracket - it is a simple matter to reassemble the bracket as long as you have the Allen key!

5 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ianu Quote
I use a 'Three legged Thing' Ellie L bracket. The advantage is that the bracket comes apart and the long arm of the L used as a QRP
You have the advantage that you also have an L bracket - it is a simple matter to reassemble the bracket as long as you have the Allen key!
Thank you. That one looks great too, and I recently bought a 3-Leggged Thing Corey tripod. I had already ordered a Hejnar photo plate, will report back on that one, but otherwise probably would have bought the Ellie.
3 Days Ago   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ianu Quote
Those look really cool, and Iíd sure like an L-bracket for the KP. When I answered the 2 questions On Three Legged Thingís website, it recommended the Ellie Short. Is that what you have? Iím really impressed with what I saw on-line. Iíd like to replace a small RRS plate I had bought for a KS-1 and that does interfere with the tilt screen. Iíve tried several plates that donít have a lip but they always seem to rotate, and I really like using an L-bracket that fits reasonably well.