Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
I'd like something that is easy to carry that I can spread on the ground and lay on while shooting at low levels in the woods. It's often wet. I have thought of a chaep plastic camo colored tarp. Does anyone have any better ideas?
An emergency blanket?

05-20-2020, 01:23 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I think I might get wet I usually carry my Frogg Toggs. Golfers use these a lot. I always have a set in the saddlebags of my motorcycle. I started using them for motorcycle riding since the early 70's and have only replaced them once about 13 years ago (first set didn't do well when placed against a hot exhaust pipe). Frogg Toggs are very light, thin, and fold up small which is useful for storing on a bike. They are baggy to wear, but I am not concerned about making a fashion statement. One thing to watch for is there are so many different price points and styles now all with the same name. I wouldn't know which to recommend. The last time I brought mine there was only a few styles to choose from. Mine has been through some very wet & stormy weather and still going strong.

frogg toggs® Official Website | Rain Gear | Fishing Waders

amazon.com: FROGG TOGGS Mens Classic All-Sport Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit: Clothing?tag=pentaxforums-20&
05-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
It would be nice if it rained here enough that this would be a problem.

In a wonderfully appropriate case of being careful what you wish for...........it looks like we are in for a drenching (or what passes for a drenching in this part of the world, ie 20-30mm) from an unseasonal cyclone on Sunday and Monday.

Time to turn the reticulation off
05-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Small plastic tarp. Some are called personal or emergency type.
Those with one silver side might be useful as a reflector as well.

Chris

06-01-2020, 07:18 PM - 2 Likes   #35

Original Poster
Bought a $7 tarp at the local building supply store. It's even camo
06-02-2020, 01:37 AM   #36
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
Laying on wet ground?
Go for luxury... a rubberised canvas type inflatable Lilo.

Good for long periods of low level work... or wee siestas.
07-28-2020, 06:01 AM   #37
Unregistered User

There are storage bags designed for rifles that open up into a mat one can lie upon in the deep woods while waiting for Bambi to show up. I use one to carry my tripod in.

08-13-2020, 03:54 AM   #38
Pentaxian

This one for men only -

Make her go underneath ! :-)
08-13-2020, 11:40 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just use one of the small blue tarps from Herbor Freight. Only a few bucks. At my age getting down is easy. Standing back up is the more interesting scenario.

As to camo, this soldier found a perfect way to hide from his wife while taking a nap.

08-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #40
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I just use one of the small blue tarps from Herbor Freight. Only a few bucks. At my age getting down is easy. Standing back up is the more interesting scenario.

As to camo, this soldier found a perfect way to hide from his wife while taking a nap.

Reminds me of a scene from Robin Williams' film, "Toys", in which LLCoolJ did the same thing.
Good movie to watch, btw, a parody of military culture, but obviously highly influential in the development of miniature robotic weaponry (no doubt horrifying to those who made the movie). Want to know where weaponized drones were invented? Watch that movie.