Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #1

Seeking screws for Hot Shoe Adapter F and Off Camera Shoe Adapter F

I bought a Off Shoe Apter F and Off Camera Shoe Adapter F recently and they are missing a few screws.

Does anyone know how I could figure out how I could determine the screw size or obtain replacements.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
06-22-2020, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You already have a sample of the missing screws - carefully undo the matching screw and remove. They are likely metric, and the ones that go into threaded sockets will be different fromt the ones that go into plastic. Try a camera store or electronic components supplier.
06-22-2020, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #3

The most common size screw on Pentax bodies and lenses are M1.7 (1.7mm) pan head machine screws. Length depends on application but usually are from 1.5 to 3mm. Thread pitch is standard to the diameter so is rarely specified. Thus you would search for a M1.7 × 2 pan head machine screw for a 1.7 × 2mm screw. I couldn't say what common sizes are used on flashes.

Get JIS driver, carefully unscrew a couple of the remaining ones and measure with a calipers or micrometer.

If the screws are going directly into plastic rather than metal they will most likely be tapered screws so search for those instead of machine screws.
06-23-2020, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nathaniel C Quote
I bought a Off Shoe Apter F and Off Camera Shoe Adapter F recently and they are missing a few screws.

Does anyone know how I could figure out how I could determine the screw size or obtain replacements.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
you could also try a store that sells glasses....sometimes they may have a similar size of screw, hope that helps

06-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your suggestions people! I've included a few high-resolution scans of the screws against a rule. It olooks like they are 5 millimetre in length about one millimetre thick. I've done a Google search for screws in this range but am not having a ton of luck.
Attached Images

06-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #6

The one on the right is a machine screw. The one on the left is "tapered" or tapping for wood, plastic etc

These guys (below) in the UK have M1, M1.2 and M1.4 in various lengths from 3 to 6 mm. From your photos the screws look slightly larger than 1mm (measured by marking a piece of paper from your scale).

They don't have tapping screws thinner than 3mm but they may have something with the larger thread pitch.

Unfortunately they only sell in bags of 100. You might try contacting their sales department and perhaps a friendly sales rep will send you some samples.

Machine Screws - Pan
08-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I too am missing a few screws--all who know me agree--in a handful of those flash adapters. What I did was just divide up the screws so no more than one is missing from any adapter and they've held well enough for my rough life-style. I never did detect wiggle or loose parts on any of them. If you find screws but have to buy more than you want, I'd take a half dozen of each of the two in the pic...