Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2020, 02:02 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking for wrist straps that aren't made from leather

Can anyone recommend a wrist strap that doesn't contain any leather? The only one I've found so far is the black version of the Peak Design Cuff. Are there any others?

07-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #2
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Can anyone recommend a wrist strap that doesn't contain any leather? The only one I've found so far is the black version of the Peak Design Cuff. Are there any others?
I have the Peak Design wrist cuff. It works well. It can be a bit fiddly to loosen when it pulls up tight on your wrist.

I also have the slide lite, and quite a few anchors. I like the speed and ease of swapping the Slide or the Cuff between my cameras, depending on what I am doing, and how small they pack down into my bag. I am a happy Peak Design customer.

Last edited by NZ_Ross; 07-19-2020 at 03:10 AM.
07-19-2020, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have used Joby wrist straps for years now on APSC and FF, they are comfortable and light and inexpensive.
07-19-2020, 03:22 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Have a look for paracord wrist straps, there's a guy here in the UK who makes them and they are really good, got one for each of my cameras.

HOME | cordweaver

07-19-2020, 03:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This one seems to be without using leather - though it is "leather-design"

SpiderPro Hand Strap v2 - Spider Camera Holster
07-19-2020, 03:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Op/Tech has neoprene ones but they do have a small leather tab.
07-19-2020, 04:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use these...

https://lancecamerastraps.com/classic-lug-wrist/

07-19-2020, 05:19 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a few of these. They are made in Greece. Well made and reasonably priced. Neck or wrist straps.
Hyperion Handmade Camera Straps

07-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a combo that I like. You can use one or both and have found that versatility useful. USA GEAR Professional Series USA Gear Dual Grip GRCMDG0110BKEW
07-19-2020, 07:42 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I also use the Lance straps for smaller cameras. I think they use an eBay store setup now in addition to the front-end website of their own.
07-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Welshbhoy Quote
Have a look for paracord wrist straps, there's a guy here in the UK who makes them and they are really good, got one for each of my cameras.

HOME | cordweaver
What a great Idea for a camera strap. Paracord is so versatile with so many uses. Very handy to have when you're out shooting in the middle of nowhere for that just in case moment. In fact I replaced my boot laces with extra long lengths of paracord so I will always have some with me, but I never thought about doing the same with a camera strap. I will have to look into to that.

Last edited by DWS1; 07-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.
07-19-2020, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made this out of worn dog leash and backpack strap.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
07-20-2020, 12:10 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
If you are carrying your camera in your hand for an extended period then you might consider the Peak Design Clutch instead of the Cuff or a traditional wrist strap. The secure carry mode allows the camera to be tightly gripped to your hand without your hand having to do the gripping. I also find that it is much safer and quicker when taking the camera in and out of the bag. With a wrist strap you have to hold the camera with one hand to slide your hand out of the strap. With the clutch I never have to have the change hands when putting it in the bag, plus my hand is always connected securely until the camera is in the bag and I slide my hand out. I thought I would switch between the Peak Design strap and the clutch, but I find that now my camera is either securely in the bag, clipped into a capture clip on the strap of my bag, or connected solidly to my hand.