Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #1

Help Asahi-Pentax Adapter K for 6x7 Lens

Dear pentax-forumers,

I've just acquired an original Asahi-Pentax Adapter K for 6x7 LENS in mint conditions, here in Italy by a gentle vendor of Milan.

Before to mount 67 lens i've downloaded at manualslib.com, the manual that at page 4 says:

"...To detach the lens, push the un-lock button (5) and turn the lens counterclockwise."

But the black&white scanned images are poorly, i don't understand where is this un-lock button...

Please give me a solution, thanks ...

I suspect is this (?) :

[There aren't others buttons apart the large knurled knob for friction, on the barrel, the rotation of the lens attached.]

But, in the case, without mounting the 67lens, this aluminum button is completely RIGID, BLOCKED ... it is normal? Shall i lubricate it ?

In the doubt I'm afraid of mounting my P67-55mmf4 on the adapter; after that i'm afraid not detaching more from it ...

Thanks to anyone gives me infos ...

Best regards

Ben

Last edited by Ben-G; 07-29-2020 at 03:21 PM.
07-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, that is the correct button to un-lock lens. You should be able to push it down even without lens attached. If you look at the inside of the adapter, when you push the button, there's a lever moves slightly. If the button is stiff, try to check if there's any gunk that binds that lever.
07-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi hyyz, thanks...,

"...You should be able to push it down even without lens attached."

Yes, that lever moves slightly if i touch it ... but the push button is stiff ... all seems clean ..

07-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I compared yours with mine. As long as the lever moves, yours is working fine. The button feels some resistance when pushed. That's normal.

07-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #5

Original Poster

The push button seems welded, completely blocked... a little drop of WD40?

...the distance is about one millimeter...

Well now, thanks to hyyz , i know that I should be able to push it down even without lens attached.

Last edited by Ben-G; 07-29-2020 at 01:03 PM.
07-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

That I don't know. You need to make the lever move by pressing the button - this is how lock/unlock work. If it doesn't work, you could try lubricant.
07-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks very much, hyyz.

All the best,
Ben

07-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #8

Original Poster
... damn(!), i can't resolve...

The push-button is welded ... seems to have, internal/external, a different cross section dimension ... internal is bigger and concentric ...solidified grease? rusty?... alcohol denat drops failed...
Uhm... tomorrow is another day!

Good night from Italy,
Ben

Anyone knows where can i find a "decent" manual use of this piece ?

---------- Post added 07-29-20 at 02:41 PM ----------

A bit better than manualibs:

https://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_pdf/pentax_6x7_lens_adaptor.pdf

Last edited by Ben-G; 07-29-2020 at 02:48 PM.
07-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear. Judging from your pictures, yours looks exactly the same as mine. The button has a pin inserting into the hole on the adapter. The other end of the pin (inside the adapter) is larger than the pin itself. I guess this is to prevent the button from falling out. The pin directly pushes against the lever. I don't see any other mechanism. On my adapter, if I move the lever from inside, the button/pin can slide easily through the hole. I think your adapter may have rust at the pin-hole connection. Good luck!
07-30-2020, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #10

Original Poster
SOLVED !!!

The lubricant, this night, has done his work.

Now the push button is free (!!!), i've dropped it, at the first, with alcohol denat with a dental floss, then with abundant and directly sprayed Arexon lubricant "Svitol" leaving it, for twelve ours, in vertical position second the axis of pin-hole and laid on a folded sheet of absorbent paper.

On the paper today some yellowish traces ... probably dirty solidified grease, now the push button is free, fluent; i can even rotate it, and present a very light resistance to the pressure and operates a fluent action of the lever inside the adapter.

Luckely no rust (!) ... it's amazing how few invisible dirt blocked the push button axis, ... such as welded !

Thanks also to the valuable assistance of Giorgio Melgrati.

Thanks again very much to the valuable suggestions of "hyyz"!

Best regards from Italy,

Ben

Last edited by Ben-G; 07-30-2020 at 02:49 PM.
07-30-2020, 07:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Great news! Glad you make it work. Now, you can put it in use.