Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

When I bought my K30 a few years ago, it came with the original Pentax battery, dead as a door nail and not taking a charge, plus two third-party batteries that were visibly swollen Ironically, those arrived fully charged. I bought another third-party battery but performance was abysmal so I cut my losses and spent $3 on a AA battery adapter and never looked back. Yes, four AA cells weigh more than one Li90 battery but it's well worth the weight.

09-23-2020, 06:48 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had a Wasabi battery that swelled in my camera, i was able to remove it although it was a little snug. Trashed it right away and bought a Pentax battery and have had no problem since. The cheap batteries just are not worth the risk.
09-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For more than half a year I couldnot find one of my original batteries for kp/k3. When i took a selvdom used shirt the battery was in the pocket. This means that it has been washed about 2 hours at 40/60 degrees celcius. Nothing is damaged, and the capacity is maybe a little better if memory is correct - not always the case.
Maybe I give a bad third party battery a trip in the dishwasher???!!!
09-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bschriver11 Quote
I had a Wasabi battery that swelled in my camera, i was able to remove it although it was a little snug. Trashed it right away and bought a Pentax battery and have had no problem since. The cheap batteries just are not worth the risk.
You would expect a Wasabi battery to get hot